A new influx of boat people from france.

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 12:59, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Abbott, her of the abacus has the best handle on the numbers that arrive on our shores. Watched her been asked the same question time after time after time. "how many should we allow to come here" Her default answer, is simply not to answer the question.

Angel1.

To be fair, nobody can give a figure. In the middle of those that are needed for the economy, there are those that are seeking asylum; those that will be living with and looked after by their families; those that will be studying here; those that are visiting and any number of reasons why people come to Britain.

Have you get a figure in mind?

Edited by Mister M

5 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

A quick google gives around 3.7 million people who are non British live here. And of course how many more live here that the authorities do not know of.

Angel1

If the authorities don't know of them I can only assume they are working cash in hand or are dependants of someone - they can't be getting benefits, NHS treatment etc.

9 hours ago, Longcol said:

If the authorities don't know of them I can only assume they are working cash in hand or are dependants of someone - they can't be getting benefits, NHS treatment etc.

Why, these are the fabled Schrödinger immigrants, of course: simultaneously stealing all the jobs, whilst lounging around all day taking all the benefits :thumbsup:

29 minutes ago, L00b said:

Why, these are the fabled Schrödinger immigrants, of course: simultaneously stealing all the jobs, whilst lounging around all day taking all the benefits :thumbsup:

Attacking the simplistic and incorrect assumptions fired at immigrants is correct, as the things you mention are and were spouted by far right groups.

Does that mean the topic is off-limits completely? Are people allowed to have a sensible, non-hatred induced discussion about what is an acceptable policy? If we have 9 million non-uk born people here, and growing at 3% last year, can that population be accommodated, schooled, transported, health care provided etc? What do we need to do to ensure a 1 in 6 non-uk born population integrates well with established communities etc etc

They are issues that need sensible discussion, not just trampling over off-hand.

1 hour ago, woodview said:

Attacking the simplistic and incorrect assumptions fired at immigrants is correct, as the things you mention are and were spouted by far right groups.

Does that mean the topic is off-limits completely? Are people allowed to have a sensible, non-hatred induced discussion about what is an acceptable policy? If we have 9 million non-uk born people here, and growing at 3% last year, can that population be accommodated, schooled, transported, health care provided etc? What do we need to do to ensure a 1 in 6 non-uk born population integrates well with established communities etc etc

They are issues that need sensible discussion, not just trampling over off-hand.

Now  then, would you care to explain how exactly did my little joke reply to Longcol suppress this 26-page debate?

:rolleyes:

I'm always happy to engage this topic and others. The issue is that, by the evidence of the last 26 pages, it just runs in circles, thusly: moron (or troll, or xenophobe: equal opportunities apply here) lobs a red top-worthy oversimplification (or outright fallacy) grenade in a post; sensible posters correct the fallacy in subsequent posts; morons/trolls run away and/or elbow the explanatory posts out with more of the same fallacy or another in later posts; rinse-repeat.

Every now and then, I feel like a bit of levity in the face of so much ignorance. Sue me.

1 minute ago, L00b said:

Every now and then, I feel like a bit of levity in the face of so much ignorance. Sue me.

It looked more like a ' talking about immigration= racism" type post than wit.

Sorry for missing your joke.

Just now, woodview said:

It looked more like a ' talking about immigration= racism" type post than wit.

Sorry for missing your joke.

I'd like to think I'm a bit (and come across) more nuanced than 'talking about immigration = racism'  in my more serious posts: I am a lifelong immigrant, born form immigrants, themselves born from immigrants, so I'm pretty intimate with the notion :wink:

No biggy, and no apology needed at all.

people making claims that they are refugees of some kind or other make their way from africa and the middle east.  the majority are male and obviously not too bothered about leaving their families behind in the same situation they claim to be running from.

their stories it seems come from bulls and are brown in colour.

would we want such people to settle here people that have scant disregard for their own families are not really looking at all like potentially desireable citizens

they attempt to come to this country without permission and in numbers.    when people in numbers try to enter your country uninvited like the normans and the other norsemen before them and of course the romans the angles and the saxons  its called an invasion, don't forget the spanish tried and were repelled the french and the germans threatened  and were disuaded and most if not all made no declaration of war prior to the events that took place.  none the less we stopped them because we didn't want them

what do you do when being invaded .. you repel it.   all the british navy has to do is intercept and either sink or tow the boats they find back and then damage them sufficiently to prevent them being used again. .... it only takes one bullet out at sea to sink an inflatable not that I agree with filling the sea with synthetic materials

obviously ultimately inevitably and most unfortunately there may be unavoidable casualties that's the price that invaders choose to pay and those that do bring their children seem to be willing to accept the possible consequences of their chosen actions.   again would we want people that are willing to put their children at risk to become citizens of the uk   i would most sioncedrely hope not.   but when word gets out that attempting to invade britain is futile and not without hazard perhaps all these potential freeloaders (legally they are not allowed to work nor may anyone employ them) will be deterrred and consider that might want to settle in france.   when that happens then perhaps the french will think twice about allowing these people to set up camps as jumping off points for their low key but none the less invasion of brittain.

its time to make a stand ..say more to people we don't want and take steps to stop them from comming here

to those that hold an opinion different from mine you are entitled to it though i would like to see how you feel about all this when your children and grandchildren have to live with the mess you did not oppose.

On 28/11/2018 at 10:10, makapaka said:

They’re not boat people- they’re people.

if they are willing to risk death to get here I’m sure they have a very good reason.

we all get labelled and they are being labelled boat people..  live with it

they do have a very good reasons for comming here

greed, our welfare state and free medical treatment, not to mention very lax punishments for crime compared to their own countries.

and i dont even need to demonstrate any of that to any person capable of rudimentary understanding

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 12:59, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Abbott, her of the abacus has the best handle on the numbers that arrive on our shores. Watched her been asked the same question time after time after time. "how many should we allow to come here" Her default answer, is simply not to answer the question.

Angel1.

Speaking of Abbott, tune in to Question Time tonight 22;45 if you want a laugh.

If she can become an MP, so can anybody.

Guest makapaka
21 minutes ago, fill said:

greed, our welfare state and free medical treatment, not to mention very lax punishments for crime compared to their own countries.

and i dont even need to demonstrate any of that to any person capable of rudimentary understanding

Why would a greedy person want to take advantage of the welfare state?

why would someone want to go somewhere else on a raft to then get punished for a crime albeit less severely?

you’re not making rudimentary sense.

maybe you fall under the label - nonsensical people?

Edited by makapaka

1 hour ago, fill said:

people making claims that they are refugees of some kind or other make their way from africa and the middle east.  the majority are male and obviously not too bothered about leaving their families behind in the same situation they claim to be running from.

their stories it seems come from bulls and are brown in colour.

would we want such people to settle here people that have scant disregard for their own families are not really looking at all like potentially desireable citizens

they attempt to come to this country without permission and in numbers.    when people in numbers try to enter your country uninvited like the normans and the other norsemen before them and of course the romans the angles and the saxons  its called an invasion, don't forget the spanish tried and were repelled the french and the germans threatened  and were disuaded and most if not all made no declaration of war prior to the events that took place.  none the less we stopped them because we didn't want them

what do you do when being invaded .. you repel it.   all the british navy has to do is intercept and either sink or tow the boats they find back and then damage them sufficiently to prevent them being used again. .... it only takes one bullet out at sea to sink an inflatable not that I agree with filling the sea with synthetic materials

obviously ultimately inevitably and most unfortunately there may be unavoidable casualties that's the price that invaders choose to pay and those that do bring their children seem to be willing to accept the possible consequences of their chosen actions.   again would we want people that are willing to put their children at risk to become citizens of the uk   i would most sioncedrely hope not.   but when word gets out that attempting to invade britain is futile and not without hazard perhaps all these potential freeloaders (legally they are not allowed to work nor may anyone employ them) will be deterrred and consider that might want to settle in france.   when that happens then perhaps the french will think twice about allowing these people to set up camps as jumping off points for their low key but none the less invasion of brittain.

its time to make a stand ..say more to people we don't want and take steps to stop them from comming here

to those that hold an opinion different from mine you are entitled to it though i would like to see how you feel about all this when your children and grandchildren have to live with the mess you did not oppose.

Prepare to be chastised for the above post, even if it is 99.999 % true.

Angel1. 

36 minutes ago, fill said:

Stop talking common sense. It will annoy the open borders brigade.

Angel1