A new influx of boat people from france.

1 hour ago, justinelle said:

Propaganda is designed to present specific subjects to the public framed in a specific threatening way,  to simplify the conversation into them and us.  Creating fear allows greater social control, introducing draconian laws, restricting more and more freedoms, as its for our collective good, to keep us safe.   

But safe from what?

How come no one has asked why the threat, immigrants, foreigners,  or refugees exist in the first place.  Our conversations are designed to camouflage or forget who stirred up or created the problem to begin with.

What caused the problem in the first place?

People should be glad the population are starving and dying of disease in Yemen, where the country has had an effective blockade from the start,  preventing people getting out.  It’s a game of shooting snaked in a barrel.   We do not care they are being bombed by British planes, using British bombs as it allows our manufacturing industry in the DFENSE sector to rake in profits.   If the country was not surrounded by an enforced blockade, millions more would be able to flee the carnage and emigrate to Europe.  So be glad we are starving them and allowing disease to solve the Yemen problem while British Bombs in British planes directed By British intelligence but flown by Saudi pilots at least stops this population from getting out alive, and adding to the refugee problem.

So the recent wars Europe is involved in started in Afghanistan, then Iraq, Libya, and Syria, plus the military takeover in Africa fuelled by western interests generating and creating more civil wars to feed the developed world’s need for their resources. 

So we are told what to think and what to think about, a modern construct of “fiddling while Rome burns”   Blaming the victim is what our governments repeatedly practices  in one way or another, as it hides the fact who generated the problem to begin with. 

So maybe one should consider if reducing countries to rubble, smashing up the infrastructure might be a contributing factor framed by politicians and its mouthpiece the mainstream media JUST might  be contributing  to the problem to start with,  forcing sane people to seek life rejecting  the prescriptive western option of disease, starvation and death???

It seem propaganda and media deception really works if this post in anything to go by.

Who is driving those planes that are bombing Yemen ,Who is now threatening our allies the Kurdish people in Northern Syria ,Who are the despots in Africa who starve and imprison they own people while stashing billions in the corrupt banks and finance houses in Europe . There is more to the story .

2 hours ago, Albert smith said:

Who is driving those planes that are bombing Yemen ,Who is now threatening our allies the Kurdish people in Northern Syria ,Who are the despots in Africa who starve and imprison they own people while stashing billions in the corrupt banks and finance houses in Europe . There is more to the story .

There always is, but it's undeniably true our government is complicit in the appalling suffering of the Yemeni people.

On 17/01/2019 at 20:28, Longcol said:

If they're illegal then they can't claim benefits or use the NHS.

And our benefits are worse than many other European countries.

Anybody can use the NHS; just turn up at A and E.

Yes indeedy. Sweden and Germany both have generous benefits; which is why they are so popular with benefits tourists.

How come no one has asked why the large number immigrants or refugees exist in the first place. 

Reaading the posts, it sound like bands of immigrants are stalking a number of people in Sheffield,  as by the sound of it they are everhwere, one cannt more, where are they?

1 hour ago, justinelle said:

How come no one has asked why the large number immigrants or refugees exist in the first place. 

Reaading the posts, it sound like bands of immigrants are stalking a number of people in Sheffield,  as by the sound of it they are everhwere, one cannt more, where are they?

I fear you may be lending levels of empathy, insight and perspicacity which, broadly speaking (there are notable and laudable exceptions),  remain as yet undiscovered on this here provincial forum :D

Edited by L00b

8 hours ago, Halibut said:

There always is, but it's undeniably true our government is complicit in the appalling suffering of the Yemeni people.

Would someone escaping a country really travel hundreds of miles, including through other safe countries, to get to the country that was responsible for the suffering in their homeland? Surely last place you'd want to settle?

Sorry,I don't buy it.

2 hours ago, woodview said:

Would someone escaping a country really travel hundreds of miles, including through other safe countries, to get to the country that was responsible for the suffering in their homeland? Surely last place you'd want to settle?

Sorry,I don't buy it.

I think people fleeing war zones generally want to go to somewhere safe where they can be with family members or their wider home community. I'm not aware of any new influx of refugees from the current war but Yemenis and their ancestors have been living here since the 1860's.  Sheffield has one of the largest Yemeni communities in the UK, a lot came to work in steel and other industries.

5 minutes ago, Halibut said:

I think people fleeing war zones generally want to go to somewhere safe where they can be with family members or their wider home community. I'm not aware of any new influx of refugees from the current war but Yemenis and their ancestors have been living here since the 1860's.  Sheffield has one of the largest Yemeni communities in the UK, a lot came to work in steel and other industries.

So they'd choose to come to the country complicit in their plight? Very odd.

Do you think there is any need to attempt to limit the numbers coming? Bearing in mind 100s of millions live in countries ravaged by war, poverty and starvation. Horrendous situations. Is the solution to accept any number that can make it here?

1 minute ago, woodview said:

So they'd choose to come to the country complicit in their plight? Very odd.

Do you think there is any need to attempt to limit the numbers coming? Bearing in mind 100s of millions live in countries ravaged by war, poverty and starvation. Horrendous situations. Is the solution to accept any number that can make it here?

I wouldn't say any number, but I think we could take a lot more than we do.

Just now, Halibut said:

I wouldn't say any number, but I think we could take a lot more than we do.

A million, like Germany?

So, at some point you'd have to implement actions to stop more doing so?

1 minute ago, woodview said:

A million, like Germany?

So, at some point you'd have to implement actions to stop more doing so?

I don't know. One would have to in possession of a great deal of information to make sensible decisions about the numbers. I do think our contribution is rather weak compared to some of our European neighbours though.

9 hours ago, Halibut said:

I don't know. One would have to in possession of a great deal of information to make sensible decisions about the numbers. I do think our contribution is rather weak compared to some of our European neighbours though.

What happens when, after all that info is known, the decided limit is reached?