A new influx of boat people from france.

1 minute ago, ricgem2002 said:

can you answer questions 1and 2 mel?

sorry i didnt know it was a quiz

It's just what we need in the UK, more religious fanatics from medieval countries that hate the west, (which they manage to put to one side when receiving aid).

22 minutes ago, gomgeg said:

It's just what we need in the UK, more religious fanatics from medieval countries that hate the west, (which they manage to put to one side when receiving aid).

Do you mean like Saudi Arabia?

1 hour ago, gomgeg said:

wheres the like button ?

2 hours ago, gomgeg said:

Spot on mate 

2 hours ago, gomgeg said:

Are you suggesting that Iranians, fleeing a fairly oppressive Islamic state (not THAT one) are religious fanatics? I think most are probably the opposite if they’re legging it this way. If you want to be a religious fanatic you’d probably be quite happy in Iran!

3 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Are you suggesting that Iranians, fleeing a fairly oppressive Islamic state (not THAT one) are religious fanatics? I think most are probably the opposite if they’re legging it this way. If you want to be a religious fanatic you’d probably be quite happy in Iran!

True.

The issue that does need to be thought about is where does it stop.

A despairingly high proportion of the world is in some form of political or religious or financial chaos. The poor inhabitants of those places can't all come here. It would be like filling your home with homeless people.

I don't know the answer but there has to be controls to stop more and more people arriving in that way.

The vast majority don't actually want to flee their homes, friends and extended families.  They do so only when forced to for fear of being killed.

And we take a very small proportion of refugees, we could certainly do more.

26 minutes ago, woodview said:

True.

The issue that does need to be thought about is where does it stop.

A despairingly high proportion of the world is in some form of political or religious or financial chaos. The poor inhabitants of those places can't all come here. It would be like filling your home with homeless people.

I don't know the answer but there has to be controls to stop more and more people arriving in that way.

I think we've established (several times) only a small proportion come here.

5 minutes ago, Longcol said:

I think we've established (several times) only a small proportion come here.

But weve seen recently  that certain people see a few people in a boat as an invasion LOL

24 minutes ago, melthebell said:

But weve seen recently  that certain people see a few people in a boat as an invasion LOL

Because it is, by definition.

4 minutes ago, Branyy said:

Because it is, by definition.

ok ill play

invasion
/ɪnˈveɪʒ(ə)n/
noun

1. an instance of invading a country or region with an armed force.
    "Napoleon's disastrous invasion of Russia in 1812"
    synonyms: occupation, conquering, capture, seizure, annexation, annexing, takeover, appropriation, expropriation, arrogation; More

• an incursion by a large number of people or things into a place or sphere of activity.
      "there was a brief pitch invasion when Sunderland scored"
      synonyms: influx, inundation, inrush, rush, flood, torrent, deluge, stream, avalanche
      "every year the valley suffers an invasion of cars"

armed?
      force?
      large number?

is 1,5,10,20 counted as a large number?