A new influx of boat people from france.

13 minutes ago, L00b said:

Boat-borne refugees and illegals in the Mediterranean don’t wade in French national waters, because the crossings are too long. They wade across shorter seas stretches in the Ionian (Greece) and Adriatic (Sicily) seas.

The French navy has regularly contributed boats and other assets  to Operation Triton, likewise Italy (which had conducted its own Operation Mare Nostrum, that Triton replaced), Spain, Germany, The Netherlands, the U.K. and more, even little Croatia and Ireland.

People smuggling across the Channel is undertaken by professional gangs of criminals, mostly of Eastern Europe but often as not including locals (French, Brits) with extensive networks on both sides of the Channel, effectively delivering labour and sex slaves door-to-door. French and British police collaborate routinely about this scourge, and have done so for years.

Unsurprisingly, bothering to do one’s homework for understanding the factual reality and complexity of issues, is significantly more taxing than regurgitating ignorant one-liner views, like an obedient pet when whistled by its tabloid masters.

I don't need to do any homework to come to the conclusion that little boats containing economic migrants heading away from the French coast are less of a problem to France then if little boats containing economic migrants were departing from the Kent coast and heading towards the French coast.

With all due respect, you need to do some homework on your own common sense.

22 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I don't need to do any homework to come to the conclusion that little boats containing economic migrants heading away from the French coast are less of a problem to France then if little boats containing economic migrants were departing from the Kent coast and heading towards the French coast.

With all due respect, you need to do some homework on your own common sense.

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and give you a chance to reconsider the context of little boats departing from Lybia and heading for the Sicilian coast being a problem for France -and others- in my post.

Because it’s feel good Friday.

On 11/28/2018 at 7:13 PM, tzijlstra said:

I'm not going to lie. Seeing this on the news yesterday was magnificent, this post crowns it. Welcome to Europe, people like the OP have ignored the fact that the EU has been coping with millions of 'boat people' (seriously Angel??) and the UK stood there and went 'we are an island, we are safe!'. The irony in that.

Do these people come across in boats, yes they do. Hence my description "boat people".  Simple really.

Angel1.

12 minutes ago, L00b said:

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and give you a chance to reconsider the context of little boats departing from Lybia and heading for the Sicilian coast being a problem for France -and others- in my post.

Because it’s feel good Friday.

The subject is about little boats or dinghies containing economic migrants heading towards the English coast.  

5 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Do these people come across in boats, yes they do. Hence my description "boat people".  Simple really.

Angel1.

They used the same description on the television news.

On 11/28/2018 at 10:41 PM, melthebell said:

Maybe they want to move next door to you.

Thankfully living out in the sticks we are not blighted with gangs from outside this Country, unlike some areas of Sheffield.

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

On 11/28/2018 at 3:51 PM, lazarus said:

Where I live it's now like a village in Africa, I'm sure the welcome brigade would change their tune if they had to put up with these immigrants or asylum seekers.

What's the problem with them? Too black for your delicate racist sensibilities?

Just now, Halibut said:

What's the problem with them? Too black for your delicate racist sensibilities?

Just now, Halibut said:

Well it's not very nice when Tibetans are waking you up at 04:00 in the morning chopping tree branches up which have been brought from the nearby wood, cooking food on an open fire on the pavement,  plus they all don't seem to understand the concept of windows as they just put blankets up, they do have money by the way. As you say they some are black and they seem to think it's ok to urinate in stairwells and throw and drop litter every where. 

5 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Well it's not very nice when Tibetans are waking you up at 04:00 in the morning chopping tree branches up which have been brought from the nearby wood, cooking food on an open fire on the pavement,  plus they all don't seem to understand the concept of windows as they just put blankets up, they do have money by the way. As you say they some are black and they seem to think it's ok to urinate in stairwells and throw and drop litter every where. 

Tibetans? Where do you live? 

How do you know it's black people peeing in the stairwells?

Edited to add: I think you need to get a grip about the blankets.

Edited by Halibut

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

The subject is about little boats or dinghies containing economic migrants heading towards the English coast.  

Indeed, and the treatment of that subject with the common sense you invoke, rather than the hysteria and xenophobia transpiring in too many of the posts, is still absent from the thread.

Not a personal dig at you, btw. Just a general observation riding on the context of our exchange.

Edited by L00b

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

Tibetans? Where do you live? 

How do you know it's black people peeing in the stairwells?

Edited to add: I think you need to get a grip about the blankets.

Yes Tibetans and that came from the council, I don't surmise I have seen black people urinating in stairwells,  as for blankets, would you like your once brilliant neighbourhood turn into what looks like a shanty town, but when you think of it they probably don't have Windows where they come from.

Isn't it a simple fact that someone who has to pay a people trafficker, (I believe €6,000 was mentioned in the undercover report the other night), to sneak in under cover of darkness, has little to offer the UK in general? 

42 minutes ago, L00b said:

Indeed, and the treatment of that subject with the common sense you invoke, rather than the hysteria and xenophobia transpiring in too many of the posts, is still absent from the thread.

Not a personal dig at you, btw. Just a general observation riding on the context of our exchange.

I think there has been a misunderstanding in our exchange. My comment which you responded to was as  a consequence of another poster introducing an hypothetical situation where economic migrants attempt to make boat journeys from England to France. We both know there will never be a situation where economic migrants leave the UK in small boats and head towards France.  Enough said.

BTW  Personal digs are most welcome 😊