A new influx of boat people from france.

2 minutes ago, Hots on said:

These Roma have not separately and individually taken it upon themselves to personally seek accommodation in this country, of their own backs, most of them won't have the wherewithal to do such a thing. Probably the Labour party, acting for a global capitalist agenda, procured and imported them wholesale into Pagehall and dressed it up as multiculturalism and giving them sanctuary.

Labour Party acting for GlobalCapitalists..? Run that one by us again... :confused: 

1 minute ago, truman said:

Labour Party acting for GlobalCapitalists..? Run that one by us again... :confused: 

I'm talking about New Labour during Gordon Brown's time.

We should not allow any more immigrants in now. Don't save them, turn them around.  I wold hope they did not die on the return journey, but it would be their own fault. We voted out. We should be sending economic migrants back home, not allowing more in. Lets dissuade others from tryting to get here. They clog up the NHS, cause housing rents to rise rapidly and stop our children getting a proper education .

Wake up England. Send them packing!

I like how you manage to make a link to Brexit.

I really hope you didn't vote leave on the assumption that it would have some kind of impact on the number of illegal immigrants trying to reach our shores??

That would be pretty stupid.

I didn't vote leave. Making assumptions is what stupid people do.

"We "  as a nation voted leave. That should impact massively on the number of people that we allow to land on our shores; not the numbers who try.

14 minutes ago, Wine Gum said:

I didn't vote leave. Making assumptions is what stupid people do.

"We "  as a nation voted leave. That should impact massively on the number of people that we allow to land on our shores; not the numbers who try.

Yes it will increase immigration as we will cease to have the assistance of neighbouring countries to the same degree to help manage it. Up to now we have had a fraction of the percent of immigrants as France, Belgium and Holland.

Apparently the UK possesses only 2 ships to patrol 4,000 miles of coastline.

15 minutes ago, muddycoffee said:

Yes it will increase immigration as we will cease to have the assistance of neighbouring countries to the same degree to help manage it. Up to now we have had a fraction of the percent of immigrants as France, Belgium and Holland.

Apparently the UK possesses only 2 ships to patrol 4,000 miles of coastline.

Much of the 4,000 miles you speak of is not suitable for landing craft. We do not need any craft capable of taking people on board. We need very small fast boats which are armed and do not allow people to land.

Changing the emphasis from "saving" to repelling would save a fortune. Just patrol the much much smaller than 4,000 miles of coastline where craft can land and repel forcibly.

7 hours ago, truman said:

Don't know the answer...what do you think?

I would go for the reason that Ann Widdecombe told us, once these people land on British soil it's almost impossible to return them home.

Angel1.

These illegal boat trips from France seem to have increased since Emmanuel Macron became the president of France.  Emmanuel Macron was mouthing off after the Brexit summit on Sunday.  It is clear this little French man has an inferiority complex which is understandably with him being a French man.  The best option to prevent these illegal people taking boat trips from the French coast  with hope of reaching England  is for our Royal Navy to start patrolling near the French coast until France have a president who can be trusted.

I'm not going to lie. Seeing this on the news yesterday was magnificent, this post crowns it. Welcome to Europe, people like the OP have ignored the fact that the EU has been coping with millions of 'boat people' (seriously Angel??) and the UK stood there and went 'we are an island, we are safe!'. The irony in that is beyond laughable.

People have been coming to these shores via illegal boat transfer for centuries, and it will carry on for centuries. 'but we are an island!'. Get a grip and start facing the facts.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

These illegal boat trips from France seem to have increased since Emmanuel Macron became the president of France.  Emmanuel Macron was mouthing off after the Brexit summit on Sunday.  It is clear this little French man has an inferiority complex which is understandably with him being a French man.  The best option to prevent these illegal people taking boat trips from the French coast  with hope of reaching England  is for our Royal Navy to start patrolling near the French coast until France have a president who can be trusted.

No, attention for these illegal boat trips in the press has increased. The number of boat trips haven't. Years ago there was a piece on the news about the millions of illegal immigrants living in garden sheds and under tarpans in agricultural areas. You ignored it then. You are a sheep with firm blinkers on, your characterisation of Macron as a 'little French man' is, frankly, pathetic and symptomatic of the pathological little Englander syndrome you suffer.

'My word, it turns out the UK is part of the European continent?? Suffering the same problems??? I say???'

I do not believe that the last lot crossed the channel in an almost sinking dinghy.

They were probably put aboard the dinghy  a short distance off the Kent coast from a larger craft and left to luck.

Why  don't we tow them back to France?

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

Well, due to cuts and chronic lack of man power I believe we have 2 Royal Navy ships that cover the UK.

And what your suggesting (invading french waters) is bordering on war, war with a trading partner, a nato partner to boot. It’s not up to the french to enforce OUR border.