Sheaf optical

Does anyone remember the Sheaf Optical Works on  Duke Street,and any of the people who worked there around  1962/63

The old building is still standing but now sadly deserted and in poor repair.

I know some of the people moved to Meadow Optical( Leadbeater and Peters ,on Meadow street.

Edited by Mikesmith
Remembered

I went out with a girl in the sixties her mother worked there her surname was Higginbottom [not sure of the spelling]

I worked at Willesden optical on Matilda Street 1970 to 73, don't recall ever hearing of Sheaf optical had it closed by then!

Yes,I think it closed down around 1967/68,I know  at least three of the people from there moved to Meadow optical then.

Sme names I remember from Sheaf optical ...Alan Thornton,John Hobson,Mick Fay, Jimmy Kindred.

I worked there 1961/65 and have many good memories of the people there.

As I recall there were nine ladies who worked there...four office staff,three edgers,one lady downstairs in lenses,one dear old tea lady/cleaner,but cant remember the surnames,only first names.