Fury v wilder - only going to frustrate aj?

Cracking win by Fury, thats what happens when a one trick pony gets in the ring with a well prepared, well sorted fighter.

Wow . I wasn't expecting that and most pundits were not either. 

Wilder taking that shot on side of ear definitely had him bamboozled and he never recovered.

Corner was right to stop it, you don't want your fighter suffering long term problems.

I lost a few quid with Wilder not winning but what a great fight from Fury. 

According to news, Wilder's camp has 60 days to seek a re-match.  I wouldn't give him one.  Apparently, Eddie Hearn posted his interest within mins of Fury winning, that he'd like to open negotiations with Fury to fight AJ. 

Edited by Baron99

If it's written into the contract then it's not something you can just refuse, if Wilders team activate that clause then Fury pretty much has to accept otherwise face penalties.

Unless some kind of agreement is made, a step-aside payment and such being made to Wilder.

There will be a few twitchy ringpieces in the boxing world now they have seen Fury can punch, he was never known as a big hitter but something has definitely changed.

He's changed trainer and put on some more weight, clearly going for power.

Everyone expected him to take it to a decision, no-one thought he'd come out fists flying with some real venom in his hands.

2 hours ago, mickey finn said:

There will be a few twitchy ringpieces in the boxing world now they have seen Fury can punch, he was never known as a big hitter but something has definitely changed.

Its remarkable what one fight trained by Kronk gym's Sugar Hill Steward did for Fury.

If he can utilize this guy for 2 more big fights ( AJ and 3rd fight with Wilder) I think Tyson can retire undefeated and happy.

neither of them would last very long with the boxers of the muhammad ali era, also M Tyson.

having said that i am very glad that he did win it.

3 minutes ago, kidley said:

neither of them would last very long with the boxers of the muhammad ali era, also M Tyson.

having said that i am very glad that he did win it.

Fury would beat Tyson, probably in a similar way to how he beat wilder. 

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

M Tysons punching would be three times furys and i suspect a lot harder, although i have never been hit by Tyson so i wouldt know.

10 hours ago, kidley said:

M Tysons punching would be three times furys and i suspect a lot harder, although i have never been hit by Tyson so i wouldt know.

Wilder is reportedly the hardest puncher in boxing history, based on his KO %.

A hard puncher has always got a 'get out of jail card' but only if can land it.

Tyson had more than power, had extraordinary boxing  skills with fantastic movement.

But he never defeated Lewis, Holyfield and before them, Buster Douglas. These guys stood up to him and could box.

I agree with tinfoilhat, Fury would beat Mike Tyson and easily.

Edited by Mr Fisk

14 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Tyson in prime was arguably the finest heavyweight the world has seen.  Not just his power but movement and skill were second to none.

That form didn't last though, by the mid-90's he wasn't the same man.