Fury v wilder - only going to frustrate aj?

Saturday's fight between the gypsy king and wilder is without a doubt going to be a fierce one. On technique alone, Wilder wins this fight hands down. But in the modern sport, you will steuggle to find many men with as much belief and desire as fury. For what he lacks in fight finesse, he makes up for it with his never say die attitude, the same attitude that saw him beat big bad vlad against the odds.

My head still says that Wilder will come out on top of this but my heart says that should Fury come off the back of a break and turn wilder over in his own back yard? With only a couple of knuckle draggers by means of warm up! That would put him up there as one of the british greats.

As far as Joshua stands, a Wilder win is a must to avoid frustration. If Fury was able to pull off a big one on Saturday, Wilder would be entitled to a rematch. This obviously would delay any ambitions Joshua has on fighting either opponent.

Fury has hinted that he wants to continue his career in the US after this fight. He wants to prove himself against wilder before cashing in on the big PPV pay days over there. He says that he isn't looking at Joshua next, despite joshua stating his desire to tear him a new one.

Joshua in fact wants both of these two. He says that the public will expect to see it anyway but never the less he will get both of these men into the ring.

Going to be a good one anyway.

If Fury wants to continue cashing in on big PPV deals in the states he pretty much needs to fight AJ anyway.

There are only a few big names in the heavyweight division and really Wilder is the only American on the list.

He could maybe go for Ortiz or even possibly Breazeale first though.

Edited by geared

Wilder is a one trick pony, Fury the better technical boxer by far, the trouble is Fury's inactivity and massive weight loss will have a huge effect, Fury of old would maul Wilder, not so sure about the latest version of Fury.

I think Fury has trained a lot and got in more shape than his previous fight Wilder is a good match with Fury it should be a good fight

If Fury can sustain the early onslaught then I think a points win is possible- as long as Tyson does not tire out (due to the weight loss/ring inactivity and the crap he has consumed in that body whilst away from the sport).

Fury has/had knockdown power so he could take Wilder out inside the distance, tough one to call though.  I don't think Wilder has ever properly been tested as a heavyweight champion, but is Fury as good as he used to be these days?

9 hours ago, geared said:

Fury has/had knockdown power so he could take Wilder out inside the distance, tough one to call though.  I don't think Wilder has ever properly been tested as a heavyweight champion, but is Fury as good as he used to be these days?

One thing Fury could have kept is his awkwardness, he could use that to his advantage and knacker Wilder out, he will have to be on his toes though to keep away from that big Wilder punch.

Very much so, strongest punch in the division by a long shot.  I don't care who you are, if he connects with a clean power shot it's going to have an effect.

The guy has 39 knockouts on a 40 fight career.

Edited by geared

10 minutes ago, geared said:

Very much so, strongest punch in the division by a long shot.  I don't care who you are, if he connects with a clean power shot it's going to have an effect.

The guy has 39 knockouts on a 40 fight career.

Yeah I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of one of those, like being hit by a train.

I'd like to see AJ fight the winner of the up and coming Drago/Creed fight

Then the winner of this fight Wilder/Fury can fight the winner of the Joshua V Drago/Creed fight in 2019

My bet is Wilder to be overall winner this time next year.

I still think Usyk would be Wilders worst nightmare, too fast and too slick, Wilder would be totally out boxed.

Yea Wilder's toughest opponent is someone with excellent boxing skills.  He doesn't like fighters who move around too much, nor those who know how to use a jab.

His default stance is to stand still, with his hands down by his hips looking for an opening to throw a punch in.

It's just begging for someone to move around him, jabbing away for round after round.