Sign in to follow this  

Anyone know of a website like this for derby?

I am looking to buy a house in eiher sheffield or derby, does anyone know if there is a website to share views about moving to derby/derbyshire

Sheffield owns Derby and Derbyshire.

Moon Maiden

What do other people think of Derby? Can anyone recommend areas in derby to live also?

Derbyshire is just a nice suburb of Sheffield :D

Lynsey

This site just goes to show how nice and friendly people are in Sheffield, hope that makes up your mind.

yes, you do have a point there. I guess derby seemed a smaller area to look through when you dont know where to start

Everyone I know from Derby hates Derby.

Everyone I know from Sheffield loves Sheffield.

(And I do know ppl from Derby... well, Ripley and Swanwick to be more precise... so maybe that's why they hate it :lol:!)

I used to live in Bolton and Sheffield's much friendlier IMHO.

thanks, can you suggest any areas to buy a 3 bed family home (70 - 90k) fairly near amenities but away from dodgy areas? What do you think about hillsbourgh and woodseats. I hpoing to come and look at some areas at the weekend and am really grilling everyone for advise

Both areas are very good look around them both if you can, property is reasonably priced and both areas are well sought after.

thanks, Do you know the areas well? I wouldn't mind advice on certain rds e.t.c

Living at Woodseats I can honestly say I know of no roads to avoid, Chesterfield Road is the main road so is very busy at times, it is the main bus route to the city centre and is where the shops, pubs, junior school, police station is etc...

woodseats is definitely sounding good, thanks very much. Can anone tell me abit about the area? Whats there, shops amenities, parks e.t.c and what is close by, what they like about the area e.t.c