National videogame museum reopens in sheffield!

1 minute ago, Dggsheffield said:

where is it to be located in sheffield

Castle house, Angel Street.

Visited yesterday. I wouldn’t plan to go just yet. It’s still not fully operational so kind of didn’t get my money’s worth yesterday. Plus I still wouldn’t call it a museum as I was expecting to see some of the very first consoles/arcade games  but as it’s not fully finished I was disappointed not to see any. On a lighter note they do have a original space raiders and donkey kong cabinet oh and they also had Track and field. 

The kids loved it, went in at 11 and didn’t leave until 4 so overall i/we did enjoy the experience..

I walked past the site in Nottingham a few weeks ago and wondered what had happened to it.

Probably will go down the same route as the Pop museum did especially charging £11 quid to get in.

what a high price for something that failed in nottingham?,titanic comes to mind

To be fair with the cost of rates these days and a bunch of machines eating up electricity I expect costs add up, it had to be rescued once alreay due to lack of money.

Edited by Zedders

I dont think its a bad price at all for somewhere you can stay all day?

as i say ,all we are getting is another citys loser,titanic by may 2020