Royal mail rant - postman

Guest busdriver1
12 hours ago, olilew said:

You should report that to the delivery office via Royal mail customer services. I can assure you this is instant dismissal and if he does this  even once he will be fired.

Obviously i did so. His manager told me as I had been aggressive towards him (shouted) they were not prepared to deliver to me. I pointed out that to stop delivering they would have to actually start. 

They did deliver but never small parcels. I moved soon after so it just became another good reason to move out of Sheffield.

1 hour ago, busdriver1 said:

Obviously i did so. His manager told me as I had been aggressive towards him (shouted) they were not prepared to deliver to me. I pointed out that to stop delivering they would have to actually start. 

They did deliver but never small parcels. I moved soon after so it just became another good reason to move out of Sheffield.

You think it only happens in Sheffield ?

Guest busdriver1
5 hours ago, spilldig said:

You think it only happens in Sheffield ?

No, but I am very happy to say it has never happened to me in Rotherham.

Suggesting it happens elsewhere as I am sure it does, does not make it OK for the lazy buggers to do it though does it? 

I am sure if it was to happen to me based on my dealings with royal mail in Rotherham, something would get done unlike the situation in Sheffield though where the manager basically sided with his lazy operative. 

5 minutes ago, busdriver1 said:

No, but I am very happy to say it has never happened to me in Rotherham.

Suggesting it happens elsewhere as I am sure it does, does not make it OK for the lazy buggers to do it though does it? 

I am sure if it was to happen to me based on my dealings with royal mail in Rotherham, something would get done unlike the situation in Sheffield though where the manager basically sided with his lazy operative. 

Too right it shouldn't happen anywhere.

Yesterday I went into my Post Office with a card for Australia, the assistant weighed it, stuck the £1.45 stamp on it plus the sticker stating "By Air Mail par avion Royal Mail".

My name and address was on the reverse marked "Sender". 

The assistant took the card and placed it in their relevant compartment.

This morning, I received the card with no frank marking whatever.

I now have to go back down to the Post Office to have it re-sent.

18 hours ago, DUFFEMS said:

Yesterday I went into my Post Office with a card for Australia, the assistant weighed it, stuck the £1.45 stamp on it plus the sticker stating "By Air Mail par avion Royal Mail".

My name and address was on the reverse marked "Sender". 

The assistant took the card and placed it in their relevant compartment.

This morning, I received the card with no frank marking whatever.

I now have to go back down to the Post Office to have it re-sent.

Just to clarify, this is a Royal Mail bashing thread. The Post Office are an entirely different company.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 3:26 PM, Dggsheffield said:

did he give you the parcel ? I would also send the cctv  footage to the area manager of royal mail.

I got the parcel of him. I was very tempted to report him, but am too soft

On 11/24/2018 at 5:06 PM, zach said:

Yes, DPD do have the tracking so you know when to expect them. I find them the best overall, apart from the couple of times the drivers just lied. I did complain but you get the usual excuses and refund on the delivery.

I did once have a "tracked" package via Royal Mail. I logged onto RM to track my parcel and the message was "We can only track your parcel after its been delivered"  I'm sure it's changed now as that was a few years ago but that has to go down as the worst tracking I've ever seen.

Ah yes.  The DPD tracking device.  I was waiting for a parcel and I used this.  It showed me that my driver, "Stuart", was on delivery number 83 and I was number 85.  Great! I thought.  And it even showed me where he was at that point in time.  He was just 2 miles away, in a cul-de-sac in Bradway.  

About an hour passed and Stuart hadn't turned up yet.  I went back on the app and it showed me that my driver, Stuart was still on delivery number 83 and parked up in the same cul-de-sac in Bradway.  

Stuart actually never turned up that day.  There was obviously something happening in that little cul-de-sac in Bradway that distracted and detained him.  A song by Benny Hill, about "Ernie the fastest milkman in the west", sprang to mind.  

To be fair to DPD that's very much the exception rather than the rule. I send out loads with them and seldom have a problem.