Royal mail rant - postman

Hermes literally dropped a delivery over my back gate on to the patio in the rain.  The gate wasnt even locked.  I know they dropped it over because I could hardly open the gate because of it. The cardboard box was falling to pieces when I picked it up out of the puddle. 

I dont think they use 'professionals' though. Its usually some random using their own car.

Do you really think it’s less effort for the Postie to write out the card to put through your letter box and then carry the undelivered item back to the  Delivery Office than it is to just knock on a door and hand the item over?  

5 hours ago, Muddergoose :-) said:

Do you really think it’s less effort for the Postie to write out the card to put through your letter box and then carry the undelivered item back to the  Delivery Office than it is to just knock on a door and hand the item over?  

It is when they have delivery targets to meet. At least one of our cover posties pre-writes the cards before setting off on his delivery round so he can just post them straight through the door. 

It’s a lot quicker for him than hanging around waiting for people to answer doors. Our regular postie doesn’t ever do this, but I assume as he knows the route inside out it takes him

less time to do!

Guest busdriver1
7 hours ago, Muddergoose :-) said:

You are assuming that they actually take the parcels with them. In my experience they often dont. 

10 hours ago, Hook said:

It is when they have delivery targets to meet. At least one of our cover posties pre-writes the cards before setting off on his delivery round so he can just post them straight through the door. 

It’s a lot quicker for him than hanging around waiting for people to answer doors. Our regular postie doesn’t ever do this, but I assume as he knows the route inside out it takes him

less time to do!

From a postman. We do not have 'delivery targets' to meet. 

8 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

You are assuming that they actually take the parcels with them. In my experience they often dont. 

This would be dismissal for wilful delay of mail for any postman who did not take all his parcels out. Where would he put them? If the manager saw them in the office, (he has to do a sweep of the office everyday to make sure it is clear). I have been a postman for 14 years and I have never seen this done by any postman. It's just not worth getting fired for.

44 minutes ago, olilew said:

From a postman. We do not have 'delivery targets' to meet. 

This would be dismissal for wilful delay of mail for any postman who did not take all his parcels out. Where would he put them? If the manager saw them in the office, (he has to do a sweep of the office everyday to make sure it is clear). I have been a postman for 14 years and I have never seen this done by any postman. It's just not worth getting fired for.

Our postie uses a van if he has a few parcels..

On 11/24/2018 at 3:45 PM, dutch said:

No surprise. That's how it goes here. You really think royal mail is going to do it the hard way and deliver large parcels instead of a little card asking you to pick it up yourself. 

Guess it will be worse round Christmas

😄😄

Guest busdriver1
5 hours ago, olilew said:

I can assure you that this guy did just that, how he got away with it I dont know but when I saw him heading to my door with a card in hand I rushed out and caught him and asked for the parcel. He stated he did not have it with him.

I know someone who gets all parcels delivered to work address where they have reception. No excuses possible that no one's in.

Our postman was very good today with three small parcels, I thanked him. Guess being appreciative makes a big difference in their efforts for you.

The real pits are Hermes who just don't give a **** most of the time

23 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

I can assure you that this guy did just that, how he got away with it I dont know but when I saw him heading to my door with a card in hand I rushed out and caught him and asked for the parcel. He stated he did not have it with him.

You should report that to the delivery office via Royal mail customer services. I can assure you this is instant dismissal and if he does this  even once he will be fired.