Royal mail rant - postman

Guest busdriver1
5 hours ago, Dggsheffield said:

did he give you the parcel ? I would also send the cctv  footage to the area manager of royal mail.

When this happened to me he didnt even have the parcel with him. 

I complained to the delivery office and understandably wasnt very polite so they then decided to not deliver due to my aggressive attitude. 

So actually an improvement, I then KNEW they were not going to deliver. DPD gained from this. Yodel seem to employ ex RM staff who also dont bother delivering. 

I avoid ordering anything that gets delivered by RM. It’s a shame because our regular postie is great, but Sod’s law when I’m awaiting a parcel then it’s a cover postie and the service is appalling. 

DPD is always my preferred delivery option because our local DPD driver is brilliant, she’s always on the ball and if there’s ever a problem

she gets in touch she straight away. She also knows which neighbours to deliver to (& which not to...)

I have known a postman fake a signature and just shove a 'signed for' package through the letterbox

theres always huge queues in my area collection centre,so that says it all

Just to upset you I was expecting a parcel the other day but assumed it would come with normal post at lunchtime as small package. Went out to collect my paper and half way to newsagent saw Royal Mail van driving up the road so flagged it down and asked them if they had a parcel for me (gave my address) and lo and behold they did and handed it to me great service from our postie

We were once going out of our front door and the postman had some post for us. Even though he knew we lived there he refused to give it me in my hand.  'Rules state we have to post it through the letterbox', was his excuse.  Pompous little man.  Didn't argue the toss with him as we knew he just liked the sound of his own voice. 

JOINED A BIG QUEUE to fetch our parcel today at woodseats,my wife thought there must be more collected than delivered,but the woodseats branch must cover a large area

On 11/24/2018 at 2:00 PM, boysheff said:

I am totally angry.  this has happened before. 

waiting on an important parcel to turn up today( (a part I ordered online), so I unlocked my gate in case they cant get it through post box and waited. I saw the postman, from my cctv, post something, so went out to see if parcel arrived. But just a letter. with no parcel note (little red card to say pick up next working day),  I thought <removed>! before ordering the part I called the company up to check which option for postage.  I was told guaranteed to be here Sat. anyway a few minutes later the postman come back and posts something, thinking it was the parcel, I went out and saw it was the red card. 

I thought you lazy so and so and decided to catch him, but he was in the  van and gone. got into my car and followed,  he was parked bottom of road. as he was walking back to his van I called him, waving the red card. I asked him why he didn't deliver the parcel and just shoved the card through, he says he knocked.  which he didn't, as its recorded on cctv (just posted the card and he didn't even have the parcel in hand. cut a long story short & the bottom line was he was too LAZY to bring the parcel back, open the gate and knock on the door, just easier to post a card. this is the 3rd time this happened, but caught him this time. the other postman open the gates and knocks the door. 

people pay for delivery that you don't get. this needs to stop Royal mail.  

Not having a go at you but If you saw the postman arrive via your cctv with this important parcel that was probably never going to fit through a letter box, why didn't you go & meet him at the door rather than chasing him down the road in your car? 

We had an issue this week with Yodel, the guy did not even try to give us the package he just took it straight next door! I think it was because next door had a parcel too. I caught him claiming the wall to shove a card through the door. I asked him what his game was! I pointed out there were 3 other people in the house so don’t even think about playing the “He knocked” game as I would be forced to check the cctv! I also pointed out if he had gone to the front door the A4 sign pointing to the fact to go to the back door would not be missed. He apologised and said he would fetch the parcel from next door. The next day he fetched another parcel and came to the back door and knocked very loud lol. 

On 11/26/2018 at 4:06 PM, bassett one said:

JOINED A BIG QUEUE to fetch our parcel today at woodseats,my wife thought there must be more collected than delivered,but the woodseats branch must cover a large area

Woodseats does cover a fairly big area, what we did so we didn’t have to queue ( we are also in Woodseats area) was we bought a large parcel box, best thing we ever did.

You can buy online, prices vary from ÂŁ50 upwards, our was ÂŁ100, best ÂŁ100 ever spent.

No more queuing up, postie simply lifts the lid, pops in the packer/parcel. Shuts lid, turns lock.

The only problem we had is when 2 parcels by different couriers are delivered same day. But that rarely happens.

Buy one, you won’t regret it, no more queuing in the rain , snow & wind.

that sounds a great idea,didnt know about that idea,sounds like its a low cost investment over several years