Jump to content
The Christmas Logo Competition is back. See thread in Sheffield Discussions for details ×

Out of body experience

Recommended Posts

How could you tell if you had one or if it was just a dream?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2018 at 1:49 PM, apelike said:

How could you tell if you had one or if it was just a dream?

from what i have read its when people are near death and they kind of have an outer body experience, people tend to think its when the brain is shutting down, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

from what i have read its when people are near death and they kind of have an outer body experience, people tend to think its when the brain is shutting down, 

Hmmm... :huh:

 

... well if that's true, I'm surprised there aren't a lot more forum members who've experienced it then... :suspect:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had an out of body experience when I was born. Then someone slapped me!!!🤨

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Science has since proven that the brain doesn't simply 'shut down'.

 

Scientists has been researching this in depth over the last 18 months and as much as we don't want to hear it, apparently we are very much still mentally alert for a short while after the heart stops, therefore very much quite aware that we are on our way out.

 

Part of the research being those who have miraculously come back from the brink to live another day. Some stating that they have even heard doctors pronounce them as dead!.

 

Science and research has shown us that electrical activity in the brain beyond the heart stopping. But now we know much, much more! Despite the thought of it being quite terrible.

 

Fascinating never the less.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2018 at 7:40 AM, cmonkes said:

Science has since proven that the brain doesn't simply 'shut down'.

 

Scientists has been researching this in depth over the last 18 months and as much as we don't want to hear it, apparently we are very much still mentally alert for a short while after the heart stops, therefore very much quite aware that we are on our way out.

 

Part of the research being those who have miraculously come back from the brink to live another day. Some stating that they have even heard doctors pronounce them as dead!.

 

Science and research has shown us that electrical activity in the brain beyond the heart stopping. But now we know much, much more! Despite the thought of it being quite terrible.

 

Fascinating never the less.

 

 

 

I can recommend 2 intereting books by Raymond A Moody.

 

Life after life.

 

and

 

The light beyond (Sequel)

 

I found them quite interesting when I read them some years ago

 

 

Edited by Janus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Janus said:

 

I can recommend 2 intereting books by Raymond A Moody.

 

Life after life.

 

and

 

The light beyond (Sequel)

 

I found them quite interesting when I read them some years ago

 

 

Thankfully they have been debunked and most of what he states can be attributed to natural occurring  phenomena. He is also a believer in Mirror gazing and that he has had many afterlives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used go out with a girl that did a lot of that. (Mirror gazing not debunking) but she was very attarctive, so it was understandable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 04:51, Jason302 said:

Has any of you ever had one?

Yes, I have. I was fairly stressed at work when the boss made things much worse. I immediately found myself outside my body as it were, listening to what my real self was saying to him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.