New forum feedback and questions

Not at all keen.   Also can the time be in a 24hr format please ?

It's not just about how the thing looks. As with any software, there are other more serious ways in which it can be broken, that you won't necessarily detect just by looking at how it renders in a browser.

The (old) forum software, not being maintened and updated, is probably blighted with security issues, and may well be hacked (modified) to pieces by the tech people at SF, and more resemble a steaming pile of brown spaghetti, than a logical coherent easy to understand and tweak code-base.

Also, not to forget, they've not finished with the migration and updates...

Edited by Waldo

Another bug I noticed: profile image top left, the square is squished and stretched to the width of the circle, instead of being corner-cropped to fit the circle...

can screenshot if you want :)

I don't like the Topics side bar, it's not really needed.

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

I don't like the Topics side bar, it's not really needed.

uBlock has sorted that for me. Along with a few other things. (Sorry Geoff).

Different strokes -- I find the Topics sidebar a good way of finding interesting threads.

In the old version I could log on and view new posts in the areas I had chosen.  I've tried the activity stream thing but can't seam to replicate that.  Anyone know how to do it?

Too much focus on visuals is distracting from the actual content and posts.

I'd like to turn off that left hand bar, once you've scrolled past it there's too much white space.

I also think it would be better if you clicked on a user's avatar to get their details, rather than it appearing on hover.

Edited by alchresearch

More freedom with regard to width would be good.  I have a very wide screen, my browser is probably >2000px wide right now, but the posts take up just the middle with lots of white to either side.

Hi, apologies - I made a mistake while making some styling changes and the layout got switched to the thinner, "boxed" view. It should be back to the full width of your screen now?

Not as easy to use on mobile as it was before, but I like it.