Jump to content

New forum feedback and questions

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, jane2008 said:

Hi, will the birthday list be back?

@Geoff  @Josh ?

Edited by nikki-red

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gamezone07 said:

HI, I meant individual ads seem to be disappearing in computers

Did you mark them as 'complete?' (As i haven't posted an ad i'm not sure of the exact wording once an item maybe sold or similar). If so they disappear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/01/2019 at 21:08, jane2008 said:

Hi, will the birthday list be back?

Hi, I've made a note to look into this - it's not a standard part of the new software but we'll look into options and consider implementing it again :)

 

15 hours ago, Groose said:

Did you mark them as 'complete?' (As i haven't posted an ad i'm not sure of the exact wording once an item maybe sold or similar). If so they disappear.

This is right, and ads are removed after expiry, which might explain why some of them are disappearing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only minor gripe I have is when accessing on an Android phone / tablet I'm always asked if I will accept cookies- this can be several times a session if I return to the home page.

 

Otherwise very impressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Longcol said:

Only minor gripe I have is when accessing on an Android phone / tablet I'm always asked if I will accept cookies- this can be several times a session if I return to the home page.

 

Otherwise very impressed.

That is unusual, are you using any form of cookie blocker or incognito/private mode while browsing the forum? As you should only be asked once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Josh said:

That is unusual, are you using any form of cookie blocker or incognito/private mode while browsing the forum? As you should only be asked once.

Thanks Josh - may well be the VPN - will give it a try without.

 

Quick question - on a device without vpn / cookie blocker etc should I be asked once only period or once only per session - and does logging on without using my username make any difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Longcol said:

Thanks Josh - may well be the VPN - will give it a try without.

 

Quick question - on a device without vpn / cookie blocker etc should I be asked once only period or once only per session - and does logging on without using my username make any difference.

You should be asked once per device/browser, as saying you're ok with cookies on one device should cover you unless you use a new browser/incognito mode. You shouldn't be asked again if you browse on the same device while logged out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the first time ive looked at Sheffield Forum this year, i dont like the new format, the Classified part is so frustrating looking at the different categories.

it used to be a great website i used offten.

is it just me ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/01/2019 at 19:24, Mr Pops said:

This is the first time ive looked at Sheffield Forum this year, i dont like the new format, the Classified part is so frustrating looking at the different categories.

it used to be a great website i used offten.

is it just me ?

not just you - there has been feedback regarding the Classifieds already further up the thread, a few different thoughts on it too...

I agree I don't (personally) like the layout - but i'm getting used to it..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.