Fancy running a forum? Sheffield Forum is for sale! Learn more

New forum feedback and questions

58 minutes ago, S6 D.I.Y said:

Have the custom signatures being taken out in classified section ? 

That would be a yup. As you don't make a standard post in there, it makes sense.

Edited by Groose

how is the classifieds new and improved!!!

for a start its all over place

and why the hell are we having to upload photo's for every ad even wanted ad's  crazy 

sorry but i feel and im not alone on this but whoever as designed the new site needs help big time 

23 hours ago, S6 D.I.Y said:

Have the custom signatures being taken out in classified section ? 

Hi, as Groose says we don't allow for signatures to be included. If you need to include contact details you can do so while filling in the details for your ad :)

21 hours ago, grand said:

how is the classifieds new and improved!!!

for a start its all over place

and why the hell are we having to upload photo's for every ad even wanted ad's  crazy 

sorry but i feel and im not alone on this but whoever as designed the new site needs help big time 

Hi @grand, thanks for your feedback - do you have any suggestions of how we could better organise the classifieds? We could certainly look into removing the need for images if this is preferred among everyone else?

yep having to post a image for a wanted ad  seems crazy as i havent got a picture of the item are items that i want obviously 

good to see admin are looking into  peoples views tho

Classifieds... Wanteds needs its own section again - not combined with swaps and free. Also dont like too much not being able to have a view of all new classified ads posted like the old style used to be.

other than that its ok

56 minutes ago, willnotbite said:

Classifieds... Wanteds needs its own section again - not combined with swaps and free. Also dont like too much not being able to have a view of all new classified ads posted like the old style used to be.

other than that its ok

We've asked if it's possible to have a view similar to the old style classifieds. It's been looked into.

I see the classified adverts have now been split further into individual sub-categories. This is not very efficient and counter intuitive if you want to browse the adverts. Is it possible to view all classified posts in chronological order as we could on the previous forum? Aside from losing the regular views by disabling the classifieds for a number of weeks, bringing the traffic back is not going to happen in it’s current format if a single feed is not possible.

Thanks,

Edited by Happ

1 hour ago, Happ said:

I see the classified adverts have now been split further into individual sub-categories. This is not very efficient and counter intuitive if you want to browse the adverts. Is it possible to view all classified posts in chronological order as we could on the previous forum? Aside from losing the regular views by disabling the classifieds for a number of weeks, bringing the traffic back is not going to happen in it’s current format if a single feed is not possible.

Thanks,

See the post above yours...

HI, re: classified, ads for computers, etc, seem to have disappeared, including ones that went up last couple of days, only six or seven ads showing,

for me anyway, apologies if i am wrong.

Edited by gamezone07

2 hours ago, gamezone07 said:

HI, re: classified, ads for computers, etc, seem to have disappeared, including ones that went up last couple of days, only six or seven ads showing,

for me anyway, apologies if i am wrong.

Hi, you should be able to see all the categories here: https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/classifieds/ let me know if not?

50 minutes ago, Josh said:

Hi, you should be able to see all the categories here: https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/classifieds/ let me know if not?

I think what people are missing, is - you used to be able to click Classifieds, and the first page was a list of ALL items for sale, from ALL Categories, in one forum - you could then select individual categories to break down further..

Like me, many people used to like just scrolling down this first list, looking at everything in every category, just to browse around the for sale section - this isn't the case now, you HAVE to click into a category to see the items for sale in there, and do it for each category individually...