We’re excited to announce the forum is under new management! Details to follow.

New forum feedback and questions

Must be 30 minutes then because I posted, then  about an hour later I went to edit and couldn't.

Time for me to leave , having received a ban & " points " for posting on classifieds when the then classifieds were not working correctly ( I think it is fair to say that is still the case ) . Many thanks Nikki-red & Groose  for your patience & understanding . Many thanks also to the support team for their lack of Support & understanding of my attempts to post , with all the information needed in the wondeful " template " which did not work . I will remain long enough to see how long this post remains . Could someone please tell me how to leave completely .

It looks like everyone has been unilaterally banned from posting in Classified , perhaps I should not feel that I have been given special treatment !

Regards Andrew .

Edited by crossword
Further thought .

11 minutes ago, crossword said:

Time for me to leave , having received a ban & " points " for posting on classifieds when the then classifieds were not working correctly ( I think it is fair to say that is still the case ) . Many thanks Nikki-red & Groose  for your patience & understanding . Many thanks also to the support team for their lack of Support & understanding of my attempts to post , with all the information needed in the wondeful " template " which did not work . I will remain long enough to see how long this post remains . Could someone please tell me how to leave completely .

It looks like everyone has been unilaterally banned from posting in Classified , perhaps I should not feel that I have been given special treatment !

Regards Andrew .

Hmmm... :huh:

... 36 posts in 10 years?

We're all going to miss you... :cry:

11 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

... 36 posts in 10 years?

We're all going to miss you... :cry:

But not as much as we miss the classifieds...

Josh posted in the Job Vacancies thread yesterday. Hopefully the new classified area should be up and running today.

Crossword you will need to contact the Help desk to get your account closed. It isn't something the mod team can do.

... as we all probably know by now, I'm one of the more observant members of the forum and consequently I've spotted yet another bug-ette.

The 'joined date' (for example, in my case August 1 2010) would appear to be being  stored or picked up in the incorrect format (probably MM/DD/YYYY?) and as a result the month of joining displayed beneath the avatar is January and not August.

Similarly, anyone who joined after the 12th day of the month also appears to be being displayed as joining in January, but additionally the year is displayed as 1970! :)

The new format is nowhere near as good as the former.  I mostly use an iPhone SE and the new screens are very user-unfriendly on my phone.   No good overview of forum topics and the adverts are very intrusive.  I used to look at SF at least twice a day, nowadays I don’t bother, just looked in today to see if there’s any improvement - there isn’t,  so I won’t be bothering with it from now on. 

23 hours ago, Groose said:

Josh posted in the Job Vacancies thread yesterday. Hopefully the new classified area should be up and running today.

Crossword you will need to contact the Help desk to get your account closed. It isn't something the mod team can do.

What time (yesterday) did they come back...

Honestly, I reckon they've outsourced the forum to the NHS IT dept...

3 hours ago, tabbron said:

What's happened to the classified adds?

It's back up and running.

No "wanted " section in classifieds. Will there be one ?

regards Mick

2 hours ago, chumpy said:

No "wanted " section in classifieds. Will there be one ?

regards Mick

A suggestion has been made to Geoff for this to be added.