Fancy running a forum? Sheffield Forum is for sale! Learn more

New forum feedback and questions

1 hour ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... well I posted this at post #94, way back on November 22.

As we are now approaching the 1 month anniversary of my appeal, and so far, no further information has been forthcoming, I can only assume that the same culprit is still at large!

There's obviously some dark forces lurking in the deep recesses of Forum Towers who will take advantage of the festive season to procure literary gems, and who knows, maybe even pass them off as their own!

Be on your guard people! :suspect:

I think they must be selling off your posts in the classifieds section...

Oh, wait  a minute there isn't one yet...

Edited by convert

is the forum market place ever to be up and running again. the old system was more reliable now theres none . :cry:

The classifieds will be back when various bugs have been resolved by the technical team. It will take as long as it takes for this to happen so please don't contact the helpdesk. When this happens there will be a forum- wide announcement.

On 12/16/2018 at 9:11 AM, nikki-red said:

This might work...

Go to Activity/My Activity Stream
Create New Stream
In 'Content Types' you can all choose the content you want to see by clicking 'Topics' then 'More Options For Topics'

That doesn't really work as it stands.

What you get as a set of results include multiple duplicates, which is just wasting space and makes it difficult to see the wood from the trees (the unread threads from the read).

I've reported the "issue", but am getting told that it's supposed to be like that.

So, back to what I originally wanted.  A view like "View new posts", that doesn't include sport or bored, AND doesn't duplicate the results for every single post made in a thread.

20 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

... well I posted this at post #94, way back on November 22.

As we are now approaching the 1 month anniversary of my appeal, and so far, no further information has been forthcoming, I can only assume that the same culprit is still at large!

There's obviously some dark forces lurking in the deep recesses of Forum Towers who will take advantage of the festive season to procure literary gems, and who knows, maybe even pass them off as their own!

Be on your guard people! :suspect:

Not all posts made it over from the old forum.  For whatever reason some posts were not migrated, the post count was probably recalculated (in fact it may be dynamic) and so your post count went down.

It might be for example that old classified threads were all abandoned since the area is clearly still being worked on, so any replies you ever made would no longer count to your post count.

... thank you Mr Cyclone for your prompt reply.

Your explanation would make perfect sense.

It's comforting to know that my posts that failed to meet the exacting quality control standards set by the new forum software have received the fitting end that they deserved, and have been banished from the Interweb forever and are not currently being touted about on some backstreet forum. :thumbsup:

Any idea when the classified adverts will be back or have they been dropped for good 

23 minutes ago, chimpboy said:

Any idea when the classified adverts will be back or have they been dropped for good 

See Post 223

13 hours ago, Groose said:

See Post 223

Your, post, which I've quoted, is post 223.

Nothing to see here, please move on...

I'd be interested to know how much traffic the forum has lost since moving to the new s/w,

4 hours ago, convert said:

Your, post, which I've quoted, is post 223.

Nothing to see here, please move on...

I'd be interested to know how much traffic the forum has lost since moving to the new s/w,

Hm we see things slightly different as Mods, good to know for future ref!

Then as per the blue announcement at the top of this thread

"The classifieds will be back when various bugs have been resolved by the technical team. It will take as long as it takes for this to happen so please don't contact the helpdesk. When this happens there will be a forum- wide announcement. "

is it ever going to up and running again or do i just delete it off my saved menue thanx 

Why can you edit some of your posts but not others?

I see I can edit this but not one I posted on another thread.

Edited by iansheff

1 hour ago, iansheff said:

Why can you edit some of your posts but not others?

I see I can edit this but not one I posted on another thread.

How old are the other posts? Is it in specific areas that you can edit a post and not the other? The edit limit was 30mins at one point. Not sure if that is still the case or if it was changed to 24hours.