Fancy running a forum? Sheffield Forum is for sale! Learn more

New forum feedback and questions

11 hours ago, Geoff said:

You type an @ and then the first few letters of the person's username. You must then click or tap on the matching one from the list that loads. 

If you're encountering issues then best to come to the help desk with details of your device and browser, we can then flag up any bugs if needed.

@*_ash_* :)

3 hours ago, RollingJ said:

@Cyclone Yup, it does work, but it didn't a few days back - I had the same experience as @*_ash_*

Can;t edit post, cursor 'locked' inside the tag.

@Geoff try again - ah yes works now

@RollingJ yes the cursor is released now, it wouldn't let me type before

@*_ash_* Correct - it works!

@Geoff Looks like it is sorted - I had problems earlier this morning, but both these 'tags' worked!

I'm wondering if it's a server issue, which would explain why it's intermittently happening for some people.

Post again if and when it happens, if you can try and mention the approx day/time of the issue that'll help with the investigation.

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

I'm wondering if it's a server issue, which would explain why it's intermittently happening for some people.

Post again if and when it happens, if you can try and mention the approx day/time of the issue that'll help with the investigation.

@Geoff ok,

not sure of the use of it yet though, as I usually quote people if I want to speak with them.

@Geoff

no it's still not working, when I tried using it on the forum! (strangely it works in here, I just edited in @geoff successfully

I found a use for it, as it doesn't let me post multiple quotes, and cluster them together - because you can't write above the first quoted post.

so I tried using the @   

not worked though, try it, edit my post in this link, and see if you can write after the @ names 

time 2300 friday 14th dec 18

Edited by *_ash_*

nice layout but what a boo boo dont work no more never been off this long before, go back to the old system. :huh:

29 minutes ago, Horror said:

nice layout but what a boo boo dont work no more never been off this long before, go back to the old system. :huh:

To be fair, I also help run a forum, and we are on the same software as SF was (probably why I joined it in first place, as I like vBull forums)

The software just isn't updating anymore, and that's that.

No choice but to change. Believe me, I don't want to do all this that SF is having to do, but really, no choice.

We're almost certainly going for Xenforo which I'm sure SF looked at, as same people who set up vBull. It's quite like this actually, hence why I rejoined here again, to see how it works (and to have a few arguments of course!)

Edited by *_ash_*

No sure if this is much of a problem but every-time I log in in keeps asking me to accept cookies when I have previously agreed. Can we have a SF icon that goes with the bookmark again as mine at the moment is just a empty page icon and is spoiling the look of my bookmarks bar... :)

7 hours ago, Horror said:

its that good it dont work now 

It's unlikely to work right straight off.

Changing systems isn't as easy as clicking a few buttons. Since this thread hasn't been closed - when old system probably would have been, they are probably actively looking at the problems that we are identifying.

I like some aspects, like the instant notifications. I obviously prefer old, because I can quote and do things quickly on that, as experienced. New takes time. I don't bother with most changes , as equally I dislike change.

Is 'Dear forum'  still available and if so how do we know who we can contact?

Is there a way I can exclude "I'm bored" and "sport" from all search results (including the "new posts")?