Fancy running a forum? Sheffield Forum is for sale! Learn more

New forum feedback and questions

All valid points, *_ash_*, and I understand where you are coming from. I don't expect everything to work instantly, my only point was that if feedback is asked for, it is nice for it to be acknowledged,  even if it is just 'thanks, we'll bear it in mind'.

On 12/1/2018 at 7:21 AM, RollingJ said:

All valid points, *_ash_*, and I understand where you are coming from. I don't expect everything to work instantly, my only point was that if feedback is asked for, it is nice for it to be acknowledged,  even if it is just 'thanks, we'll bear it in mind'.

Yes, it's no consolation but the mod & admin team aren't getting much feedback either, so we're assuming the devs are up to their ears working on the revised classified advert system

36 minutes ago, esme said:

Yes, it's no consolation but the mod & admin team aren't getting much feedback either, so we're assuming the devs are up to their ears working on the revised classified advert system

That's one section I never visit, but I understand it will be a big project, and something many others want, so I'll bide my time and just add suggestions/comments to this thread when the ideas come to me.:)

22 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

That's one section I never visit, but I understand it will be a big project, and something many others want, so I'll bide my time and just add suggestions/comments to this thread when the ideas come to me.:)

It's a fairly major piece of code with several unique and non standard features, so we're trying not to bother the devs too much while they get it sorted

Thanks for your patience so far

I have been looking but it doesn't seem that you can search "my posts" like you could on the old forum is this correct?

9 minutes ago, iansheff said:

I have been looking but it doesn't seem that you can search "my posts" like you could on the old forum is this correct?

Hover over your atavar, select 'Find Content (at the bottom)

HTH

15 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Hover over your atavar, select 'Find Content (at the bottom)

HTH

Thanks for that had looked in the menu when you click on your username and couldn't find anything.

1 minute ago, iansheff said:

Thanks for that had looked in the menu when you click on your username and couldn't find anything.

No problem.☺️. Just getting to know the foibles of the software is a bit of a pain, it seems to me as though it wants to be a Facebook/Twitter replacement, but a forum shouldn't, IMO, operate like that.

1 hour ago, Al_sheffield said:

Does anyone know if how to configure the forum RSS feeds or if they are not yet implemented, will they be?

Until the switch-over, this used to work fine for me: https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=4 

I believe this has to be enabled in the forum settings, maybe an oversight?

Edited by Ghozer

On 12/2/2018 at 2:36 PM, esme said:

Good to see the classifieds ads will have sub sections, bought quite a lot on them, not been ripped off either, unlike other sites.

Evening everyone

Have we no longer a search facility on the forum ?