Fancy running a forum? Sheffield Forum is for sale! Learn more

New forum feedback and questions

Hmmm...  :huh:

... I've just found the button, but there appears to be a time limit on how long you get to edit a post.

Anyone know what that is and how it works?

The post I was testing it on in this thread doesn't have the edit button. :confused:

Thanks for that!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

For anyone who is interested, the time limit for editing a post appears to be 30mins before the edit button disappears.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Edited by Mr Bloke
Sorted!

7 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm...  :huh:

... I've just found the button, but there appears to be a time limit on how long you get to edit a post.

Anyone know what that is and how it works?

The post I was testing it on in this thread doesn't have the edit button. :confused:

Thanks for that!

see my post, I'm working on it :)

Well. I've got to 8 mins, and my tea is ready. 8 mins is quite generous though. I don't like anything less than about 5 mins, as long posts sometimes see errors when re-read. The old software had no limit, which wasn't a correct setting, but I never mentioned it, as useful in some cases!

Edited by *_ash_*

the new forum most of it is ok :thumbsup: but  i dont know how to put pics on ads for sale and i guess im not on my own as 95%  ads say will send pics by phone :confused: really bad move in my opinion who agrees :headbang: thanx 

Edited by Horror

32 minutes ago, Horror said:

the new forum most of it is ok :thumbsup: but  i dont know how to put pics on ads for sale and i guess im not on my own as 95%  ads say will send pics by phone :confused: really bad move in my opinion who agrees :headbang: thanx 

See post 110

I haven't read through all the posts for obvious reasons, so apologies if I'm repeating someone else's comments.

When I now read the 'for sale' section, I don't see unread and read posts indicators. The other forums seem to have them. Any reason why?

I still think a like / thank or both button is worthwhile.  I know the reasoning against it, but I often read things, that I would acknowledge, but don't have time / or nothing to add in words.

I notice that although I have notifications unchecked I am still receiving them or rather they are still showing on the notification bell at the top of the page.

Edited by apelike

12 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

I still think a like / thank or both button is worthwhile.  I know the reasoning against it, but I often read things, that I would acknowledge, but don't have time / or nothing to add in words.

I agree, we’ll look at adding reactions (like, useful, thanks, etc.) shortly. We are likely to only have the option of giving a positive reaction though - as this shouldn’t add to the existing moderator work load. With positive options there’s less scope for people to purposely (for whatever reason) react negatively to something that was clearly positive. 

10 hours ago, apelike said:

I notice that although I have notifications unchecked I am still receiving them or rather they are still showing on the notification bell at the top of the page.

If you click the Bell icon then inside the window that opens look for “Notification Settings” - it’s a bit of a monster page of options, but it does allow very fine tuning in terms of what notifications and how you get them.

I might have missed this, but...how do I mark my item as Sold in the for sale section?

Can't seem to find a button for this any longer.

2 hours ago, Pyrotequila said:

I might have missed this, but...how do I mark my item as Sold in the for sale section?

Can't seem to find a button for this any longer.

You can only edit the wording to say sold, the button is no longer there as that section will be replaced with a new system (mentioned previously)

Edited by Groose

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

If you click the Bell icon then inside the window that opens look for “Notification Settings” - it’s a bit of a monster page of options, but it does allow very fine tuning in terms of what notifications and how you get them.

Thanks.. Just seen them and unchecked them all so I will see how it goes. Bit misleading though as on the main page of that it says in red "browser notifications disabled."

Edited by apelike

Insufficient info on here about how to post a photo in classified ads.

I tried to post an add and add a picture. There was NO option to add a picture.!

Apart from telling me i need to use an outside site and post a URL?

Why can't i just 'Paste' an image?..!

Thanks.