A new way of dealing with scooter thieves.

On 11/25/2018 at 5:17 PM, Wine Gum said:

It is a brilliant development. Now the perpetrator is getting hurt financially , physically and also his ego diminished.

This should be the aim of all police when dealing with people who have committed crime. Injuries should merely be seen as an expectation for lawbreakers.

Which would be great if the police only ever arrested people who've broken the law.

That's not the case though is it, which is why we have courts to establish whether they're guilty of a crime or not and the police to investigate crime, separate roles.

3 hours ago, Resident said:

I fully support the use of Tactical Contact and believe it should be rolled out and expanded throughout the UK. 

My view is that if a police officer tells you to stop and you run you are making a declaration that you accept any and all consequences upto and including your death caused attempts to apprehend you. 

Criminals who run do not care about their or anyone else's safety when fleeing. You only need to look back a few weeks to realise that. 

And there's no way that this would ever be open to abuse is there...

4 hours ago, Resident said:

My view is that if a police officer tells you to stop and you run you are making a declaration that you accept any and all consequences upto and including your death caused attempts to apprehend you. 

You're off your head. Maybe go and live in the US or Saudi Arabia?

3 hours ago, Halibut said:

give over! we need tougher policing now, stop and search and ramming stolen vehicles, if its acting like a criminal or thief it usually is. sometimes there may be collateral damage but hey thats the world we live in?

It was always going to happen...

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46440172

The below is part of the article. 

"The boy, who was not wearing a helmet, was admitted to hospital with serious head injuries but later discharged."

Come on BBC surely when writing this some of your investigative senses must have twitched. Fake.

48 minutes ago, helloitsonly said:

give over! we need tougher policing now, stop and search and ramming stolen vehicles, if its acting like a criminal or thief it usually is. sometimes there may be collateral damage but hey thats the world we live in?

If you think a moped is worth more than a human life then I stand by my remark that you are off your head. If it merely hyperbole on your part then you need to choose your words more carefully.

I'm not wholly opposed to tactical contact, but it relies on Police officers making very careful judgements. There's already been at least one case where an officer might face charges - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46440172

4 minutes ago, Halibut said:

If you think a moped is worth more than a human life then I stand by my remark that you are off your head. If it merely hyperbole on your part then you need to choose your words more carefully.

I'm not wholly opposed to tactical contact, but it relies on Police officers making very careful judgements. There's already been at least one case where an officer might face charges - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46440172

i think a moped is worth more than any of these scum! they dont deserve any sympathy, they now know the consequences of their actions and so those who live by the sword usually die by it.

as for the quoted case that remains to be seen if true and anyway they are just going through due process.

8 minutes ago, Halibut said:

If you think a moped is worth more than a human life then I stand by my remark that you are off your head. If it's merely hyperbole on your part then you need to choose your words more carefully.

1 minute ago, helloitsonly said:

i think a moped is worth more than any of these scum! they dont deserve any sympathy, they now know the consequences of their actions and so those who live by the sword usually die by it.

as for the quoted case that remains to be seen if true and anyway they are just going through due process.

Then you're morally diseased.

1 minute ago, Halibut said:

Then you're morally diseased.

how so?? these people care nothing about their victims or even the general public in the immediate area?? families and individuals are traumatised whilst being robbed and you have the cheek to call me morally diseased ?? how does that work?

1 minute ago, helloitsonly said:

how so?? these people care nothing about their victims or even the general public in the immediate area?? families and individuals are traumatised whilst being robbed and you have the cheek to call me morally diseased ?? how does that work?

Ask a well balanced, emotionally literate friend. If  you have one.

You're probably the kind of freak who thinks shoplifters should have their hands cut off.  Move to Saudi Arabia, you'd fit right in.

I think the police should have a tv show specifically where the officer can win a grand for the funniest video of a scooter scummer getting his comeuppance, I love the ones where the rider does that rodeo thing where they roll around on their arse before bouncing up the bonnet, the ones where the scooter scummer looks at the police car in utter disbelief is also worth a grand.

40 minutes ago, helloitsonly said:

Nevermind him, he's the forums Social Justice Warrior.  

6 hours ago, Halibut said:

And here, ladies and gentlemen, we have one of the root causes as to why crime is so endemic and criminals no longer fear the police or prison... 

7 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Which would be great if the police only ever arrested people who've broken the law.

That's not the case though is it, which is why we have courts to establish whether they're guilty of a crime or not and the police to investigate crime, separate roles.

And there's no way that this would ever be open to abuse is there...

It's a tactic to end a pursuit. Innocent people don't run ;)