A new way of dealing with scooter thieves.

At last the Police are using a new tactic to end the scooter muggings. They give chase and if possible knock the thieves off their scooters. Well done to whoever gave this order, hope they get a nice pay rise and promotion, they deserve it.

Angel1.

Brilliant idea....lets hope it teaches the morons a lesson

Just seen this on the news, and the footage from the police cars of them getting knocked off was oh so satisfying!

Especially the little scrote that got up and threw his arms out as if to say "what the hell was that?"

Does anyone think it would OTT to run completley over them and then reverse back over them.  Arrrrgh.  Only jokin. :hihi:

Some of the funniest clips I have ever seen on the news is the total shock they display when friendly plod ploughs into them, it is the very least they deserve.

Well done to the police for doing this and teaching the little thieving toerags a lesson. Keep up the good work, and make them pay for any damage caused to police vehicles .

AAh, so satisfying. Just like watching police dogs biting burglars.

I support the police using those tactics. However, I question the logic in making their tactic public knowledge.  I fear it won't be long before one of the scooter muggers tries to sue the police for being knocked off their bikes. The country is that daft and the taxpayer might end up funding big compensation claims.

2 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I support the police using those tactics. However, I question the logic in making their tactic public knowledge.  I fear it won't be long before one of the scooter muggers tries to sue the police for being knocked off their bikes. The country is that daft and the taxpayer might end up funding big compensation claims.

Very much this, there will no doubt be some cretinous hug a hoodie legal expert waiting in the wings to make some money out of this.

Im really not sure how I feel about this. Obviously these criminals need catching but I would imagine that every collision or accident the Police cause or are involved in will warrant a big investigation and the Police Service is already massively stretched financially  without that.

I'm not normally one for police brutality - thin end of wedge and all that. But I can't get  worried about this. Don't want to get knocked off a moped by a police car? Stop.