A new way of dealing with scooter thieves.

16 minutes ago, Resident said:

And here, ladies and gentlemen, we have one of the root causes as to why crime is so endemic and criminals no longer fear the police or prison... 

It's a tactic to end a pursuit. Innocent people don't run ;)

Cue a local SJW quoting the case of Jean Charles De Menezes

15 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

I see mr loophole Nick Freeman is saying its a criminal offence to knock scumbags off the scooter I said off the scooter because its probly stolen to start with knock them off into oncomming traffic preferably a jcb ...

Is this the same vile money chasing scumbag that thinks women wearing skirts are asking for perverts to point a camera at their nether regions,  he should be knocked out of his car by the same police sorting these scooter scummers.

1 hour ago, Resident said:

And here, ladies and gentlemen, we have one of the root causes as to why crime is so endemic and criminals no longer fear the police or prison... 

They do though don't they.

2 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

They do though don't they.

They do, although mostly from criminals.

3 hours ago, helloitsonly said:

how so?? these people care nothing about their victims or even the general public in the immediate area?? families and individuals are traumatised whilst being robbed and you have the cheek to call me morally diseased ?? how does that work?

You have to ask for an explanation of why a bit of metal and plastic is worth less than a human life?

13 hours ago, Halibut said:

If you think a moped is worth more than a human life then I stand by my remark that you are off your head. If it merely hyperbole on your part then you need to choose your words more carefully.

I'm not wholly opposed to tactical contact, but it relies on Police officers making very careful judgements. There's already been at least one case where an officer might face charges - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46440172

Im curious, what IS worth more than a human life, and who makes that decision?  You hear of perps killing someone for just a few coins in change, THEY obviously dont think that a human life is worth more than a moped.  Do you know what the perp on the moped did before he was chased and knocked off?  Did he just violently rob someone?  THEY obviously dont view human life very highly.

12 hours ago, Resident said:

Re your first sentence - if you are claiming that capital punishment and draconian sentencing are effective in reducing crime, you're spectacularly and demonstrably wrong.

Re your final sentence. Clearly  and obviously wrong.

2 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

If capital punishment was brought back I reckon one or two would have second thoughts about committing a serious crime.

Did it stop people killing when it was practised? In any-case this is not in the same league as serious crime.

22 minutes ago, apelike said:

Did it stop people killing when it was practised? In any-case this is not in the same league as serious crime.

I recall seeing on one of the police programmes there were people who robbed a jewellers using baseball bats etc then escaped on mopeds, I would class that as serious crime.

2 minutes ago, iansheff said:

I recall seeing on one of the police programmes there were people who robbed a jewellers using baseball bats etc then escaped on mopeds, I would class that as serious crime.

The choice of mopeds/scooters as escape vehicles has increased because of the correctly held perception that the police will not chase them if they are on 2 wheeled vehicles.  

15 hours ago, Cyclone said:

You have to ask for an explanation of why a bit of metal and plastic is worth less than a human life?

well in these cases the moped and the associated collateral damage caused by these no marks is way above the perpetrators lives they dont deserve to be in a normal society! the reason why we are at this state with violent crime, rape, muggings etc is precisely because we have no deterrent and the scrotes know they are unlikely to be caught and punished.

maybe if you got out more instead of banging the righteous drum on your keyboard (how many posts) along with a few others on here!  

17 hours ago, Delayed said:

Cue a local SJW quoting the case of Jean Charles De Menezes

Why would anyone do that -  tactical contact and the tragic events at Stockwell Tube Station aren't even comparable.

3 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

If capital punishment was brought back I reckon one or two would have second thoughts about committing a serious crime.

Let's have a referendum!

Polls suggest the Hang 'em and Flog 'em brigade would win!#