A new way of dealing with scooter thieves.

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

I'm not normally one for police brutality - thin end of wedge and all that. But I can't get  worried about this. Don't want to get knocked off a moped by a police car? Stop.

The trouble with that (and with a lot of different criminals) is that when you arrogantly think youre invincible it wouldnt bother or worry you.
Theyre not scared of the police (or justice system) because they dont think theyll ever get caught.

13 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

The trouble with that (and with a lot of different criminals) is that when you arrogantly think youre invincible it wouldnt bother or worry you.
Theyre not scared of the police (or justice system) because they dont think theyll ever get caught.

Combine the above with reduced police numbers, unless you want these kids to act with impunity, we're left with coppers knocking young people - with or without helmets judging by the video I've seen - off mopeds with police cars. 

Bear in mind in the states, hardly a place we need to emulate when it comes to law and order admittedly, the PIT manoeuvre seems  to be the default setting for ending car chases.

9 hours ago, nikki-red said:

They mention this in the story, they say that moped criminals are under the assumption that police can't knock them off, which is a reason they use mopeds, and the police now want to change this .

Even if the idea alone acts as a deterrent to criminals, then I'm all for it.

10 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Combine the above with reduced police numbers, unless you want these kids to act with impunity, we're left with coppers knocking young people - with or without helmets judging by the video I've seen - off mopeds with police cars. 

Bear in mind in the states, hardly a place we need to emulate when it comes to law and order admittedly, the PIT manoeuvre seems  to be the default setting for ending car chases.

There is a growing belief that people like that can do what they want, and they'll be protected by well-intentioned laws, for them to abuse and make decent peoples lives a misery.

On a similar theme, a young drunk know-it-all in the pub, mouthing off at a middle aged chaps wife. After a couple of strong warnings from the bloke, the youngster still spouting he can say what he likes, he found himself on the floor with a fat lip. Lesson learnt.

This makes me want to join the police.

On 11/23/2018 at 6:50 PM, smithy266 said:

Brilliant idea....lets hope it teaches the morons a lesson

Have to say, I couldn't stop laughing at the guy going over the bonnet... I bet his face was a picture.

21 hours ago, Hots on said:

This makes me want to join the police.

I'd do it full time voluntary.

It is a brilliant development. Now the perpetrator is getting hurt financially , physically and also his ego diminished.

This should be the aim of all police when dealing with people who have committed crime. Injuries should merely be seen as an expectation for lawbreakers.

3 hours ago, Wine Gum said:

It is a brilliant development. Now the perpetrator is getting hurt financially , physically and also his ego diminished.

This should be the aim of all police when dealing with people who have committed crime. Injuries should merely be seen as an expectation for lawbreakers.

Running from the police should be seen as a statement that the criminal accepts ALL responsibility for any injuries/death sustained during their apprehension. 

Diane Abacus has tweeted against the "knock them off policy", only to be expected I suppose. Politics Live to-day.

She was invited onto the show, but guess what, she declined to appear. I wonder why.

Angel1

Maybe the police could get some paint guns and shoot them with fluorescent paint first. Now that would make good TV viewing!

14 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Diane Abacus has tweeted against the "knock them off policy", only to be expected I suppose. Politics Live to-day.

She was invited onto the show, but guess what, she declined to appear. I wonder why.

Angel1

Not only that but she said "officers are not above the law", forgetting that using tactical contact to terminate dangerous pursuits was "entirely within our lawful power" according to the police.

Good job she isn't shadow home secretary or anything where she should know these things.....