Why are photos always blurred on this morning and loose women?

Hi all.

Does anyone know why they do this nonsense?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Snooker147 said:

What do you mean ?

Well for example, they'll be chatting to a guest and then the producers will show a pic relevant to the conversation.

And it will always be blurred. Have a look on one of their clips on YouTube and you'll see what I mean. 'Good Morning Britain' does it too.

I just can't see the logic behind this. Why show something that we can't make heads or tails out of??

I believe they blur the majority of the photo, EXCEPT the particular subject or part/area of the image they are talking about at the time..

as there could be any number of bits of information or other people in the background etc on the image, that's not relevant, so the blur most of it to obscure and protect privacy.

I have never seen them show blurred images link me to a youtube ...

37 minutes ago, Ghozer said:

I believe they blur the majority of the photo, EXCEPT the particular subject or part/area of the image they are talking about at the time..

as there could be any number of bits of information or other people in the background etc on the image, that's not relevant, so the blur most of it to obscure and protect privacy.

^^^^^^  What they said.

Privacy is a big thing these days.     Photos and footage broadcast may capture children or grown adults or shop fronts or logos in the background who are nothing to do with the featured story and who quite rightly dont want their image splashed all over the media and misinterpreted.    

You see it a lot when children (even those maybe belonging to a featured celebrity) are blurred out of paparazzi photograph or on street interviews which are deliberately framed in order to avoid showing an unconnected business in the background who either doesn't want to be shown or in some cases, has not paid an advertising fee to be shown. 

Edited by ECCOnoob

But how do you explain the photo being blurred when it's just 1 person in the pic? That same person that they're chatting to?

1 hour ago, TyneSoft said:

But how do you explain the photo being blurred when it's just 1 person in the pic? That same person that they're chatting to?

I have seen this too, blurring out the only person in the pic, very odd.

likely covering the background, so cannot identify where picture was taken, or covering any logos/advertising or anything else similar...

There's any number of reasons for doing it, also, possibly because it takes your focus away from the surrounding, and lets you see and concentrate on the subject they are talking about...

10 hours ago, Ghozer said:

likely covering the background, so cannot identify where picture was taken, or covering any logos/advertising or anything else similar...

There's any number of reasons for doing it, also, possibly because it takes your focus away from the surrounding, and lets you see and concentrate on the subject they are talking about...

But the background is untouched, all that is blurred is the single person in the shot, the subject matter, it is very weird.

Just now, mickey finn said:

But the background is untouched, all that is blurred is the single person in the shot, the subject matter, it is very weird.

Then maybe they are allowed to talk about the case, but not visually identify them, as to protect them from the general public hounding them possibly..

it all depends on the situation, the reason, the subject etc...