The Conservative Party. All discussion here please

1 hour ago, apelike said:

I think you have also misread the post. I didn't state it was about class (as in economic or social group) but how people class themselves as to what they believe in and as you say an ideology. It's often said that people in the North who vote Labour only do so because their parents do or did and not for any other reason and that is what I was getting at.

OK, but doesn't the last election result rather contradict that? (Which, IMO, shows the strength of the media in deciding elections.)

What possible excuse can the Tory party have for starving the NHS and social care of funds for 10+ years? 

I'm getting sick of seeing Boris with those 2 Unionjacks so tight in to him so that they are in every TV camera shot.

It makes it look like they are sprouting out of his shoulders. It doesn't seem very British to me.

It must hurt the brainwashed labour supporters to see Boris and his sidekicks doing such a great job in this crisis.

Leaders with a capital L

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, MillerMike said:

It must hurt the brainwashed labour supporters to see Boris and his sidekicks doing such a great job in this crisis.

Leaders with a capital L

I am delighted for any leader to show the qualities needed to steady the ship.

What I would also hope is that going forward it will be recognised that cutting our services to the bone leaves the country terribly exposed in times of crisis.

10 years of austerity has left our already stretched services ill prepared to  carry out what is needed.

Words only go so far and I hope that it will be recognised that we need to carry a few extra personnel rather than to aim for the minimum for normal circumstances.

Edited by RJRB

1 hour ago, MillerMike said:

Leaders with a capital L

Last time I checked, BoJo the Clown had deferred to the scientific and medical experts.

Thank goodness he left his ego behind at the playground.

What amazes me,  is the Tories spending unlimited billions of pounds fighting the coronavirus (and rightly so) yet prior to the last election , when it was unheard of, Jeremy Corbyn was planning to spend a fraction of that amount on public services, NHS etc.

He was ridiculed and vilified ,  he will bankrupt the country, taxes will rise, we will all be worse off :huh:.

15 minutes ago, Padders said:

What amazes me,  is the Tories spending unlimited billions of pounds fighting the coronavirus (and rightly so) yet prior to the last election , when it was unheard of, Jeremy Corbyn was planning to spend a fraction of that amount on public services, NHS etc.

He was ridiculed and vilified ,  he will bankrupt the country, taxes will rise, we will all be worse off :huh:.

one thing that does make me wonder, when labour were in power and there was a worldwide financial crash, then it was all blamed on labours management of the economy, when the next financial crash comes  which is just around the corner, i wonder if it will be blamed on the tories or Covid 19?

6 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

one thing that does make me wonder, when labour were in power and there was a worldwide financial crash, then it was all blamed on labours management of the economy, when the next financial crash comes  which is just around the corner, i wonder if it will be blamed on the tories or Covid 19?

I will have to ask Anna.

41 minutes ago, Padders said:

It’s really simple, Labour tax and spend.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/labour-launches-tax-and-spend-manifesto-j7pgr0ll6

The Tories have a magic money tree.

We fought a war 1939/45 if need be we could have carried for X number of years, we have fought in Afganistan, the Falklands, the Middle East, ships, tanks, planes, ammunition, cruise missile's  1million pound a pop. all had to be manufactured..

Before this corona outbreak, we didn't have enough money to repair the potholes on our roads.

Can't get my head round it.

3 hours ago, MillerMike said:

Leaders with a capital L

So when are front line NHS staff going to get protective gear?

When is testing on the scale Germany are doing going to start?

5 minutes ago, Longcol said:

So when are front line NHS staff going to get protective gear?

When is testing on the scale Germany are doing going to start?

I was told by someone today who works in the NHS, that they are only allowed to use protective equipment when dealing with people who have been confirmed with covid19,  when dealing with people who have not been diagnosed with covid19 then they are not allowed to use it.