The Conservative Party. All discussion here please

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

I see Boris Johnson runs off and hides in a fridge to dodge a GMTV interview:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/11/boris-johnson-hides-in-fridge-to-avoid-piers-morgan-interview

I mean Piers Morgan is hardly Andrew Neil :hihi:

I love this bit of verbal after Johnson goes to get a crate of milk from the fridge.. Quote:

"Swain told Morgan and Reid that he was being pushed and shoved by one of the minders. “It’s a very frosty reception we’ve had so far,” Swain said after Johnson disappeared...

Sounds like it was all a joke.. :hihi:

He is Sideshow Boris, popular on a satirical panel game but unable to answer a straight question without lying.

And people really want him to be PM?

It's as if we are in some weird dystopian nightmare where the stupidest contestant on a reality tv show gets to run the country and people vote for him "because it will be a laugh", akin to voting for Shaun Ryder or Bez.

9 hours ago, Michael_W said:

Relentless, like Owen Jones on speed, and of course typifies the biggest gripe most of us non 'pc obsessed' folk have with the left, the Guardianista, the Corbynista and the reactionary dullard snowflakes ..... if they can find anything racist, sexist, homophobic or indeed anything ist or phobic from someones background they set off on their mission .... therefore the retaliatory remarks about Commie Corbyn, Corbyn the terrorist sympathiser and the many claims of Labour antisemitism should be more gracefully accepted in return .... it's called tit for tat I believe.

Any youngsters fancying a jolly into politics in the future, better hope they have had squeaky clean social media accounts eh !

The big difference being that Corbyn helped bring about peace in Northern Ireland and Johnson is a racist.

Don't vote for Johnson - he is a liar, a cheat a sexist and a racist and your vote for him just promotes these values.

9 hours ago, Mister M said:

I see Boris Johnson runs off and hides in a fridge to dodge a GMTV interview:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/11/boris-johnson-hides-in-fridge-to-avoid-piers-morgan-interview

I mean Piers Morgan is hardly Andrew Neil :hihi:

I thought he said he'd be found dead in a ditch - not hiding in a fridge.

“Twenty miles up, it’s a freezing cold universe, we only have the human connections we make here, nothing is permanent, and love is our only defence. I suggest we all vote accordingly, and try to help each other get through this thing, whatever it is.“

frankie boyle

VOTE LABOUR 

13 hours ago, Halibut said:

The big difference being that Corbyn helped bring about peace in Northern Ireland and Johnson is a racist.

And here's me thinking the peace process was started by John Major and finished by Mo Mowlam.  Funny how Corbyn didn't get a mention at the time.

Not a peep of him here:

Northern Ireland peace process

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Ireland_peace_process

15 hours ago, taxman said:

He is Sideshow Boris, popular on a satirical panel game but unable to answer a straight question without lying.

And people really want him to be PM?

It's as if we are in some weird dystopian nightmare where the stupidest contestant on a reality tv show gets to run the country and people vote for him "because it will be a laugh", akin to voting for Shaun Ryder or Bez.

People vote for an individual for all kind of reasons. Jared O'Mara proved that anyone can win given the right circumstances.

18 hours ago, Litotes said:

Don't vote for Johnson - he is a liar, a cheat a sexist and a racist and your vote for him just promotes these values.

Ah yes the modern day self righteous, reactionary, morally superior bilge of the Labour left, which many ordinary and indeed working class people can't stand, couple that with Corbyn & Co and you can see why someone like Boris Johnson or even Nigel Farage appeal to them a bit more .... go figure !

14 minutes ago, Michael_W said:

Ah yes the modern day self righteous, reactionary, morally superior bilge of the Labour left, which many ordinary and indeed working class people can't stand, couple that with Corbyn & Co and you can see why someone like Boris Johnson or even Nigel Farage appeal to them a bit more .... go figure !

For the last time...  Corbyn is not 'far left.' He's further left than Tony Blair certainly, but he's no Stalin. He wants to put the people first, not the 1% elite.  His politics were commonplace up until the 70's and were responsible for giving the working class the advantages and standard of living we enjoy today -  I use those words with caution as the Tory party have made it their life's work to destroy those  advantages, with some success. Things like free education, libraries, public services, decent pensions, the safety net of welfare, council houses, etc are disappearing, and have gone completely for some as we can see with the rise of foodbanks and homelessness. Free healthcare will be next, and more and more people will be affected. You have been fed a diet of propoganda which is just this side of brainwashing to get you to accept the changes as inevitable and normal. Corbyn simply wants to restore those services for us.

We are a fifth richest country in the world, yet plenty of other countries provide these services for their citizens, often better than we do. But we will not hear about that from the Tories.   

Apart from enabling the financial crash, what did the Tories ever do for you?