Jump to content

The Conservative Party. All discussion here please

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

If only they  had a credible alternative to vote for.

they do, thats why the media have gone into overdrive to smear him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, banjodeano said:

they do, thats why the media have gone into overdrive to smear him

Corbyn makes to easy himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hobinfoot said:

Corbyn makes to easy himself.

No, Corbyn is watched and every utterance spun and trawled for possible flaws which are pounced upon then splashed all over the papers and repeated ad infinitum. Boris on the other hand doesn't give a toss, he says the first thing that comes into his mouth with all the disdain, entitlement and swagger of the public school toff he is, and gets away with it. He has nothing but contempt for the ordinary man in the street. It is no surprise that he wouldn't do the Andrew Neil interview where he knew he would be held to account for every word, like Corbyn experiences every day of the week. 

The man's a coward on top of everything else.

Edited by Anna B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Anna B said:

 He has nothing but contempt for the ordinary man in the street.

It makes you wonder then why he spending so much time going around the country meeting everyday people then, and taking the flak when people are unhappy, such as the flood victims in Yorkshire.

 

image.jpg

 

Perhaps you're confusing him with Rees Mogg, who has been conspicuous with his absence.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, alchresearch said:

It makes you wonder then why he spending so much time going around the country meeting everyday people then, and taking the flak when people are unhappy, such as the flood victims in Yorkshire.

 

image.jpg

 

Perhaps you're confusing him with Rees Mogg, who has been conspicuous with his absence.

 

Corbyn goes round the country talking to be people all the time, not just when there's an election in the offing. He  discusses the issues properly and is genuinely interested in people's opinions. Boris has no answers, just bluster. He doesn't like being challenged by the oiks who should know their place. He only went to Yorkshire to see the flood victims because he was shamed into it by Corbyn who was there a week earlier. 

Edited by Anna B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, alchresearch said:

It makes you wonder then why he spending so much time going around the country meeting everyday people then, and taking the flak when people are unhappy, such as the flood victims in Yorkshire.

 

image.jpg

 

Perhaps you're confusing him with Rees Mogg, who has been conspicuous with his absence.

 

You do realise he just wants your vote, and doesn't actually care a flying fig about the working class? Or do you actually think he cares?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Anna B said:

No, Corbyn is watched and every utterance spun and trawled for possible flaws which are pounced upon then splashed all over the papers and repeated ad infinitum. Boris on the other hand doesn't give a toss, he says the first thing that comes into his mouth with all the disdain, entitlement and swagger of the public school toff he is, and gets away with it. He has nothing but contempt for the ordinary man in the street. It is no surprise that he wouldn't do the Andrew Neil interview where he knew he would be held to account for every word, like Corbyn experiences every day of the week. 

The man's a coward on top of everything else.

People in the main are not stupid and they don’t like going down the far left route espoused by Corbyn and even more by McDonnell. The voters in GB gravitate to the middle in the main and are capable of making up their own minds whatever the papers say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that people in GB gravitate towards the middle in normal times, but since the Financial crash, not much has been normal. The Conservatives have taken advantage and pushed a NeoLiberal agenda which we don't hear much about but is very real and very damaging for the man in the street and has led to a race to the bottom for him.

We desperately need Jeremy Corbyn to redress the balance. 

Edited by Anna B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Anna B said:

We desperately need Jeremy Corbyn to redress the balance. 

No, we don't.  He's not all things to all men like you think.    He might be right for you, based on your life, your point of view and the circles in which you operate.

 

And that's what you don't seem to understand. Its like you don't think anyone else's opinion is worthy, especially if it doesn't hold Corbyn in the highest regard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

People in the main are not stupid and they don’t like going down the far left route espoused by Corbyn

Far left? Really?

 

By what definition?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, alchresearch said:

No, we don't.  He's not all things to all men like you think.    He might be right for you, based on your life, your point of view and the circles in which you operate.

 

And that's what you don't seem to understand. Its like you don't think anyone else's opinion is worthy, especially if it doesn't hold Corbyn in the highest regard.

'The circles in which you operate...?' And what circles would those be do you think?

I think I have more in common with the majority of people in this country than some Bullingdon club toff who thinks it's a good wheeze to wreck restaurants for fun and just throw money (literally) at the owner to pay for the damage. ... 

 

I can assure you that there is a large body of people who  care very much about the less fortunate in our society. They don't have to be homeless or visiting foodbanks themselves to see the inherant unfairness in the world.

And that unfairness, if it isn't sorted, might just destroy us all in the end 

 

According to some on here, Jesus would be regarded as a raving, left wing looney.. . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/11/2019 at 21:43, Mister Gee said:

Looking through the last few pages of this thread does anyone on this forum support the Tories?

I think it would be fair to say that this Forum is definitely Labour leaning, why escapes me.

 

Angel1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.