The Conservative Party. All discussion here please

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

May as well have sent a troop of clowns

Michael Gove and Stanley Johnson turned up😀

The more that I see of Boris Johnson the less I like him.Admittedly I wasn’t starting high on the scale.

I think many people feel the same and it seems a sensible ploy to keep him as low key as possible because it’s his victory to lose.

If his local party had anything about them he should be de selected for many and varied reasons.

How he has garnered support from the common man and woman baffles me,because he of that class who has nothing but contempt for his “inferiors”

11 minutes ago, RJRB said:

The more that I see of Boris Johnson the less I like him.Admittedly I wasn’t starting high on the scale.

I think many people feel the same and it seems a sensible ploy to keep him as low key as possible because it’s his victory to lose.

If his local party had anything about them he should be de selected for many and varied reasons.

How he has garnered support from the common man and woman baffles me,because he of that class who has nothing but contempt for his “inferiors”

I think quite a few people are beginning to think that. The genial old duffer image only goes so far. Put him up against someone who knows their stuff like Andrew Neil and he is shown up for what he is. No wonder he's ducked out of doing it.

13 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Exactly this

Just now, altus said:

I see Boris is now promising state aid for struggling firms. Can you imagine the fuss if Corbyn had proposed it? It will be interesting to see how the Tory supporting press report it.

The Tories must really think brexit supporting Labour voters are stupid.

The Tory press won't care they will lap it up, like you said, hypocrisy of the highest order

43 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Anybody seen 'The Riot Club,' a thinly veiled expose of the Bullingdon Club, to which Cameron, George Osborne and Boris belonged (all at the same time and there are only ever 15 members.) 

And you wonder why the country's in such a state. . . 

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

I think quite a few people are beginning to think that. The genial old duffer image only goes so far. Put him up against someone who knows their stuff like Andrew Neil and he is shown up for what he is. No wonder he's ducked out of doing it.

It doesn’t look like this according to the polls

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Anybody seen 'The Riot Club,' a thinly veiled expose of the Bullingdon Club, to which Cameron, George Osborne and Boris belonged (all at the same time and there are only ever 15 members.) 

And you wonder why the country's in such a state. . . 

To quote somebody or other there are those who age but never grow up.

Boris fits this category .

I’m sure that Eton must have turned out some decent individuals but for others it just seems that it confirms their over inflated belief in entitlement by right of birth.

I cite Boris,Rees Mogg and the loathsome Earl Spencer as prime examples of uncaring arrogance and disdain for anyone below their class.

11 minutes ago, RJRB said:

To quote somebody or other there are those who age but never grow up.

Boris fits this category .

I’m sure that Eton must have turned out some decent individuals but for others it just seems that it confirms their over inflated belief in entitlement by right of birth.

I cite Boris,Rees Mogg and the loathsome Earl Spencer as prime examples of uncaring arrogance and disdain for anyone below their class.

The idea of subcontracting basic parenting to complete strangers is bizarre. It’s clear that boarding school warps a lot of people. 

Seems quite appropriate on the day of more terrorist attacks in London, that when there was a terrorist attack in London whilst he was Mayor, Boris Johnson said "**** the families, **** the families":

The allegations are made by Brian Coleman, former Conservative Mayor of Barnet, who worked as Chairman of the London Fire and Planning Authority when Johnson was Mayor of London.

From Coleman's personal blog:

At a briefing meeting held in Boris' Office in 2011 during the Inquests into the deaths of the victims of the 7/7 bombings I was telling Boris how the Fire Authority was having to spend a sizable sum on lawyers (as were the Met , TfL and everybody else involved ) not least because Mrs Justice Hallett was cutting up rough as Coroner when he suddenly said " I blame Tony Blair for all this , he started it with the Marchioness (Inquest) " Guto Harri, who was Boris' Head of Communications and at the time absolutely devoted to Boris , said " Oh Boris they are really for the families (of the victims) benefit " To which Boris replied "**** the families , **** the families !" . I was having none of this and snapped at Boris " You didn't have to write eight letters of condolence to families of your constituents or attend the funeral of 31 year old Lee Baisden ( a Fire Authority employee) who had been blown to pieces at Aldgate and comfort his poor widowed Mother " .

After this meeting the ever loyal Guto Harri rang me up and said "it never happened Brian , it never happened" . Sorry Guto it did and I have witnesses .

His disdain for ordinary people is plain to see. 

More revelations reinforcing his contempt are being revealed.

Edited by Mister M

Should the PM not be a role model to the rest of the UK?

In which case we should all be trying to be Liars (proven), Cheats (proven), Sexist (on public record) and racist (also on public record).

I, for one, don't want this anomaly to be in charge of my country.

Don't back Boris - please!