Jump to content

The Conservative Party. All discussion here please

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Anna B said:

Boris ceertainly doesn't seem to connect with ordinary people. 

He doesn't come across as in the least sincere, and if there's one thing a Northerner can spot, it's that.

But then he has very lttle experience of the real working class or their concerns, having spent his life in a bubble of privilege.

 

 

Which in turn makes you wonder why Corbyn is disliked even more than Boris Johnson by many working class people, and the problem I see is all those self righteous middle class socialists that the labour party has endorsed and vice versa, the modern Labour party does not sit right with many working class people and so there are many like myself who are happy to proclaim they will never vote Labour again !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, banjodeano said:

Quite right Anna, people have been brainwashed for centuries, they are brought up with it from childhood and then into maturity,  only the other night i was listening to English football fans singing the national anthem which states, "born to rule over us"...how could anyone with a free mind sing those words?

More Banjo lies

Quote

 

God Save the Queen
God save our gracious Queen,
Long live our noble Queen,
God save the Queen;


Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us,
God save the Queen.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Michael_W said:

Which in turn makes you wonder why Corbyn is disliked even more than Boris Johnson by many working class people, and the problem I see is all those self righteous middle class socialists that the labour party has endorsed and vice versa, the modern Labour party does not sit right with many working class people and so there are many like myself who are happy to proclaim they will never vote Labour again !

 

Corbyn is disliked because people have been told to dislike him, (and his policies.) 

 

There has been a torrent of negative publicity about him ever since he came on the scene. Some people repeat it verbatim without ever investigating whether it's true or not. Those who dig a little deeper or better still go and see him at one of his meetings love him. 

 

The Tory party are ace at propaganda, and broken promises but not much else.

1 hour ago, Robin-H said:

Um no it doesn't!

 

The lyric is 'long to reign over us' not 'born to rule over us..' 

A moot point don't you think. . .

Edited by Anna B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Corbyn is disliked because people have been told to dislike him, (and his policies.) 

 

There has been a torrent of negative publicity about him ever since he came on the scene. Some people repeat it verbatim without ever investigating whether it's true or not. Those who dig a little deeper or better still go and see him at one of his meetings love him. 

I don't dislike him, but after  meeting him a few times in person, I  can't say I like him either that was 10yrs ago, whilst we were both doing things for InterPal (non terrorist group) at the time, but it strikes me he hasn't changed at all.

 

 

He's a typical people pleaser, tells people his opinions too whatever he hears in the breeze, whilst leaving a trap door to excuse and escape any definitive promises. he's a well honed MP

 

that said I actually disliked Brown! But still Voted labour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Corbyn is disliked because people have been told to dislike him, (and his policies.) 

 

There has been a torrent of negative publicity about him ever since he came on the scene.

Rubbish.  Corbyn is disliked because he's been a weak leader.    There's too many reasons to count why people dislike him, they've all been discussed on here countless times. before you disappeared and the re-appeared come election time to sing his praises.

 

But its certainly little to do with "the media told me to hate him".  

 

Boris is now getting the constant stream of negative publicity since (and before) he became PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Rubbish.  Corbyn is disliked because he's been a weak leader.    There's too many reasons to count why people dislike him, they've all been discussed on here countless times. before you disappeared and the re-appeared come election time to sing his praises.

 

But its certainly little to do with "the media told me to hate him".  

 

Boris is now getting the constant stream of negative publicity since (and before) he became PM.

It's everything to do with that. How else do we get our information?

 

"The media is the most powerful entity on earth.

They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power.

Because they control the minds of the masses."

                                                             Malcolm X

 

 

Edited by Anna B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steve68 said:

I don't dislike him, but after  meeting him a few times in person, I  can't say I like him either that was 10yrs ago, whilst we were both doing things for InterPal (non terrorist group) at the time, but it strikes me he hasn't changed at all.

 

 

He's a typical people pleaser, tells people his opinions too whatever he hears in the breeze, whilst leaving a trap door to excuse and escape any definitive promises. he's a well honed MP

 

that said I actually disliked Brown! But still Voted labour.

Thankyou, an opinion based on personal ecperience which I might not agree with but I can respect. 

Edited by Anna B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Michael_W said:

Which in turn makes you wonder why Corbyn is disliked even more than Boris Johnson by many working class people, and the problem I see is all those self righteous middle class socialists that the labour party has endorsed and vice versa, the modern Labour party does not sit right with many working class people and so there are many like myself who are happy to proclaim they will never vote Labour again !

 

Newspapers like the sun spewing out their garbage

3 hours ago, alchresearch said:

More Banjo lies

 

Think long to reign over us he meant, same difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Rubbish.  Corbyn is disliked because he's been a weak leader.    There's too many reasons to count why people dislike him, they've all been discussed on here countless times. before you disappeared and the re-appeared come election time to sing his praises.

 

But its certainly little to do with "the media told me to hate him".  

 

Boris is now getting the constant stream of negative publicity since (and before) he became PM.

Doris says there is no crisis over the flooding, 

Corbyn calls it a national emergency and states action should be taken...

a few days later Doris also calls it a national emergency and calls a Cobra meeting... action is then taken..

Weak leader my A@@E

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see Stephen Yaxley - Lennon has endorsed Boris Johnson.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tommy-robinson-boris-johnson-brexit-corbyn-eu-telegram-post-a9097256.html

 

Johnson has also scrapped the promise he made on the election hustings to hold an inquiry into racism in his own party.

Which was expected, though not so quickly admittedly. 

Edited by Mister M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, Johnson is accusing Corbyn of promoting communist policies, whilst suppressing a report about Russian funding of the Tory party.

 

It doesn’t take a psychologist to interpret that bit of duality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.