The Conservative Party. All discussion here please

The OP was about the way the conservatives behaved, something that almost all posters have chosen to ignore. Its about the conservative, look at the title.

We have had all sorts of fake offended reaction and references to the dodgy dossier and phony respect.

The OP commends Charles Kennedy, real respect there.

To all these spluttering Tory's I say "Calm down dears, Calm down"

I doubt the Tories are spluttering. You may have missed that they just won the General Election. You probably also missed that accoring to the polls they have doubled the lead they had over Labour at that election. The only spluttering I'm doing is with laughter as Labour's leadership hopefuls try to learn a script of buzz words they think the electorate want to hear. :hihi::hihi:

It looks like what's happening now is a re run of Thatcherism but without that crazy woman in charge. Cameron isn't Thatcher though so we'll just have to wait it out and hope he cocks things up sooner than later.

It looks like what's happening now is a re run of Thatcherism but without that crazy woman in charge. Cameron isn't Thatcher though so we'll just have to wait it out and hope he cocks things up sooner than later.

That's the Sheffield attitude. Wouldn't it actually be preferable to hope they don't **** it up and the country prospers?

That's the Sheffield attitude. Wouldn't it actually be preferable to hope they don't **** it up and the country prospers?

That's the problem with Sheffield's left. They actively hope for suffering so they can puff up their chests and strut around saying "I told you so" to anyone in earshot.

Its a sad state of affairs for Labour though, when their supporters are not focusing on giving a better alternative to the current government but rather wish for them to **** it up so they can get back in. Its plain stupidity and one of the many reasons why people are not convinced by Labour or the left in the UK.

That's the problem with Sheffield's left. They actively hope for suffering so they can puff up their chests and strut around saying "I told you so" to anyone in earshot.

Its a sad state of affairs for Labour though, when their supporters are not focusing on giving a better alternative to the current government but rather wish for them to **** it up so they can get back in. Its plain stupidity and one of the many reasons why people are not convinced by Labour or the left in the UK.

What these two said :thumbsup:

Why do you hope things do get cocked up? Who's going to benefit ?

Why do you hope things do get cocked up? Who's going to benefit ?

Labour. They don't want to give a better option or a real alternative to the current government, they want them to fail as dramatically as possible so they can come in as the least bad option and win without doing any work. Its hardly inspiring stuff, but sadly its the mentality of some on the left.

I sometimes wonder if people like this stand around a brazier at weekends in donkey jackets to relax and remenisce about how good it was(nt).

Meanwhile the rest of the world speeds on ahead leaving Sheffield far behind in the dust.

I sometimes wonder if people like this stand around a brazier at weekends in donkey jackets to relax and remenisce about how good it was(nt).

Meanwhile the rest of the world speeds on ahead leaving Sheffield far behind in the dust.

I listened to Liz Kendall being questioned by Evan Davis a few days ago when she was repeatedly questioned about the 50% rate of tax. The question being why persist with a 50% rate of tax if it costs more to collect than it brings in. It was like trying to extract teeth and in the end Evan Davis moved on. It was however very clear that the point of the tax was merely to take money off the well healed out of sheer spite. Equality being the lowest denominator. No aspiration there.

I listened to Liz Kendall being questioned by Evan Davis a few days ago when she was repeatedly questioned about the 50% rate of tax. The question being why persist with a 50% rate of tax if it costs more to collect than it brings in. It was like trying to extract teeth and in the end Evan Davis moved on. It was however very clear that the point of the tax was merely to take money off the well healed out of sheer spite. Equality being the lowest denominator. No aspiration there.

I thought Labour and their supporters were against selective schools and Oxbridge educated people..Liz Kendall falls into both catagories?

I thought Labour and their supporters were against selective schools and Oxbridge educated people..Liz Kendall falls into both catagories?

What made you think that strawman? Half true.

Try and rise above this petty personalisation. Its crude and insulting. Oh yeah, its stupid too.

Bigthumb - "Equality being the lowest denominator".

It obvious where you're going with this.

Perhaps some people are better than others.

Perhaps your vote should count double.

Perhaps the great unwashed 'pleb's' shouldn't get a vote at all.

Got another Tory word in there can you see the common thread?

What made you think that strawman? Half true.

Why is it a strawman..which half isn't true?