The Conservative Party. All discussion here please

2 hours ago, alchresearch said:

He won being Prime Minister. How's that gone for Corbyn so far?

What about'ism - Yawn

Conservative thought of the day - Everyone is so fed up with Brexit that we can RAM it through.

I call upon all of our Parliamentary representatives to summon the Dunkirk Spirt and keep on keeping on.

Use the democratic powers we have  given them to secure a thorough examination of the current Brexit deal.

46 minutes ago, Flanker7 said:

What about'ism - Yawn

Conservative thought of the day - Everyone is so fed up with Brexit that we can RAM it through.

I call upon all of our Parliamentary representatives to summon the Dunkirk Spirt and keep on keeping on.

Use the democratic powers we have  given them to secure a thorough examination of the current Brexit deal.

Don't know how the Dunkirk spirit works in your mind, how could you possibly link it to the complete shambles that is Westminster and the anti democracy rabble that inhabit it. Bring on the General Election so the swamp can be drained.

Angel1.

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Don't know how the Dunkirk spirit works in your mind, how could you possibly link it to the complete shambles that is Westminster and the anti democracy rabble that inhabit it. Bring on the General Election so the swamp can be drained.

Angel1.

Dunkirk spirit     =   willingness by a group of people who are in a bad situation to all help each other.

I see it this way.................
A minority government (the Axis powers) is constantly trying every trick in the book to thwart the wishes of the majority of our Members of Parliament (the Allies). A  disparate group of people, the opposition, have willingly come together in a united front to all help each other .
....it works for me.

Are you really trying to liken the current situation to an actual world war?

Are you serious??   Thats pretty <removed> up.

Edited by nikki-red

57 minutes ago, geared said:

Don't tell him Pike..

Edited by nikki-red

56 minutes ago, geared said:

No.

I was challenged re: The Dunkirk Spirit. I get sick of people using patriotic cliches from the past to support their position when it has nothing to do with it. They can often be used to support any position as I attempted to illustrate.

"Patriotism is the last refuge for a scoundrel"-Samuel Johnson.

https://www.quora.com/What-does-this-quote-by-Samuel-Johnson-mean-Patriotism-is-the-last-refuge-for-a-scoundrel-Why-will-it-be-the-last

Edited by nikki-red

I’ve heard Jeremy Corbyn referred to as “Steptoe” and “Compo” on here for his appearance but what do the forum Tories think of the PM? Today he looked like he’d slept in the ditch he’s been telling us he’ll be found dead in.

Peter Oborne has opened a can of worms by letting everyone know that Doris and co are deliberately putting out false news.

He isnt really telling us anything that the most of us didnt already know what goes off within the media, you only have to look at what lies the media have run with about Corbyn

https://www.channel4.com/news/peter-oborne-downing-street-putting-out-fake-news?fbclid=IwAR0T8FloVZg32pVoQk8q-jFRb7g4kRohUx8Q6IBt_w17ZKKYd7JTP3e2i1o

Matthew Parris - “I am a conservative not a Liberal Democrat but will unhesitatingly vote Lib Dem to defeat Tory zealotry over Europe, this time,” he wrote. “So should every former Tory voter who still believes it would be folly for Britain to leave the European Union.”

We need a new party called the 'The Real Conservatives'.

They will embrace real 'One Nation' ideals and stick to reactionary policies,

as old fashioned Conservatives have done since 1909.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Conservative_Party_(UK)

Posts have been removed. Editing another members quotes in any way (including cherry picking lines) to deliberately alter the context of them of is really not on.
Any further instances of this and accounts may be suspended.

On 22/10/2019 at 13:07, Flanker7 said:

What about'ism - Yawn

Glad you raised this point.

I am sick of mainly Conservative MPs saying in one way or another “the British people just want it done”

Firstly they cannot agree what “it” is.

Secondly almost half the population did not want “it” to happen in any shape or form.

It’s not a subject that can be nodded through because of tedium or boredom.

Fight the good fight until this  right wing Conservative Party implodes.