The Conservative Party. All discussion here please

36 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Yes, but to believe Johnson, you would need to explain why a person who makes their living as a very respected journalist, would even think of lying about something like that.

What on earth would the point be? 

A respected journalist would have made a story out of it at the time not years later.

18 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I think that you would struggle to find many people who would describe Johnson as a grown up.

He certainly doesn’t behave as one which is actually a trait of many former public schoolboys who never seem to socially and emotionally move on from their time as a teenager.

Which illustrates my point. 

Just because someone is a journalist working for a large and generally respectable newspaper, it doesn't alone prove that they would not conduct behaviour that some might think is 'of a five year old'. Johnson works for such a newspaper, and you don't think he acts like an adult, so the fact that Charlotte Edwards works for a newspaper proves nothing. 

25 minutes ago, retep said:

A respected journalist would have made a story out of it at the time not years later.

Except at the time she was a young journalist and Johnson was the editor of a magazine she occasionally contributed to. It's not hard to see why it wasn't raised at the time. It is how their subsequent career paths have played out that make her the more believable party in the story. 

Edited by stifflersmom

24 minutes ago, retep said:

She would have been sacked if she’d complained about it at the time.

3 minutes ago, stifflersmom said:

Except at the time she was a young journalist and Johnson was the editor of a magazine she occasionally contributed to. It's not hard to see why it wasn't raised at the time. It is how their subsequent career poaths have played out that make her the more believable party in the story. 

A slapped face or a complaint would have done the trick, otherwise she put her career before her honour.

1 hour ago, Robin-H said:

And Johnson is a grown up who writes for the Telegraph. I'm not sure what that's meant to prove. 

I doubt that this is even a fair comparison.

I don’t know much about Charlotte Edwardes but I do know that she is a woman and a former model, both of which would count against her. To end up as a columnist on the Sunday Times she must be a damn good journalist.

Johnson on the other hand is not only male, but a posho who went to the right school. A job on the Telegraph I suspect, was much easier for him to land.

48 minutes ago, retep said:

A slapped face or a complaint would have done the trick, otherwise she put her career before her honour.

Quite! but now she has an agenda to damage Boris at this time to deflect support, well from what i hear its not working, she is another one of the "victims" that suddenly decide years later they were assaulted in some way, its disgusting that they can even bring it up over 20 yrs later without any proof.

14 minutes ago, Borista336 said:

Quite! but now she has an agenda to damage Boris at this time to deflect support, well from what i hear its not working, she is another one of the "victims" that suddenly decide years later they were assaulted in some way, its disgusting that they can even bring it up over 20 yrs later without any proof.

An unsurprising response from a poster who thinks that Saudi Arabia should be left alone to practice it’s own vile practices. 🙄

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

Exactly, only 2 people know the truth

Actually there is THREE. 

There was a second woman at the same lunch who was also inappropriately touched. 

24 minutes ago, Borista336 said:

Just wait. I am waiting for the second woman to come forward any time now. 

Also, her trustworthiness is beyond reproach according to cabinet minister Matt Hancock and former cabinet member Amber Rudd. 

3 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

Actually there is THREE. 

There was a second woman at the same lunch who was also inappropriately touched. 

but technically that means she knows she was touched, NOT that the first woman was

1 hour ago, retep said:

You and others are clearly missing the point. Who cares if it happened 20 years ago. The question that needs to be answered is, did it really happen or not?

Your arguments so far seems to legitimise sexual assault if sufficient time has passed. What is the appropriate time that needs to be passed for it to be ok for you?

Your point of view is quite disgraceful I am afraid.