The Conservative Party. All discussion here please

I saw some of that speech in Doncaster on the BBC.

Where did this nonsense about him being a inspirational orator come from? The last three speeches I’ve seen he comes across as a bumbling fool who is easily offput by fainting police cadets and hecklers.

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Boris Johnson has just visited Doncaster, no doubt to ingratiate himself & was confronted by a woman who said:

"People have died because of austerity. And you’ve got the cheek to come here and tell us austerity is over and it’s all good now and we’re going to leave the EU and everything’s going to be great – it’s just a fairytale.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-news-latest-woman-brexit-video-austerity-doncaster-cheek-visit-public-a9103906.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1568373553

I suppose Dominic Cummings told him it would be good PR. That worked out well :hihi:

He looks shocked, Bonkers probably thought that all Yorkshire folk are like Geoffrey Boycott.

Edited by Mister Gee

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

Boris Johnson has just visited Doncaster, no doubt to ingratiate himself & was confronted by a woman who said:

"People have died because of austerity. And you’ve got the cheek to come here and tell us austerity is over and it’s all good now and we’re going to leave the EU and everything’s going to be great – it’s just a fairytale.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-news-latest-woman-brexit-video-austerity-doncaster-cheek-visit-public-a9103906.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1568373553

I suppose Dominic Cummings told him it would be good PR. That worked out well :hihi:

Well I suppose he has gone out and met people, thats more than can be said for the robot that he replaced..

2 hours ago, banjodeano said:

Well I suppose he has gone out and met people, thats more than can be said for the robot that he replaced..

David Cameron has his memoirs out next week, he believes Johnson and Gove are both cads

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

David Cameron has his memoirs out next week, he believes Johnson and Gove are both cads

Cads? Is that establishment vernacular for what everyone else calls *****?

3 hours ago, El Cid said:

Not to mention rotters and bounders. The chaps behaved appallingly.

1 hour ago, Longcol said:

Not to mention rotters and bounders. The chaps behaved appallingly.

Even though some people think so, it is not David Camerons fault that the Conservative party elected a useless Prime Minister after him.

9 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Even though some people think so, it is not David Camerons fault that the Conservative party elected a useless Prime Minister after him.

To be fair..she was probably the least worst **** PM they could have voted for...look at all the other options they had.

40 minutes ago, El Cid said:

No it isn't, but he made a terrible mistake holding a referendum. 

5 minutes ago, janie48 said:

I agree. And even worse, in my opinion, is the fact that he flounced off and resigned when the vote didn't go the way he wanted.

It has been said many times across the media that even prior to the mention of the referendum, membership of the EU wasn't the top priority of the people of the country. It was largely confined to members of the ERG, or a some disparate voices in the Labour Party; right wing newspapers like the Mail, Express and the Sun; and some political commentators and broadcasters. Over the last 3.5 years, the nation and its people have been dragged into this psychodrama and divided us down the middle. One of the very few upsides of this has been that many have become more politically aware of the workings of the constitution and of the make up of the EU.

Whilst I don't agree with her politics, I think Theresa May was an improvement of David Cameron.

15 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I agree. And even worse, in my opinion, is the fact that he flounced off and resigned when the vote didn't go the way he wanted.

It has been said many times across the media that even prior to the mention of the referendum, membership of the EU wasn't the top priority of the people of the country. It was largely confined to members of the ERG, or a some disparate voices in the Labour Party; right wing newspapers like the Mail, Express and the Sun; and some political commentators and broadcasters. Over the last 3.5 years, the nation and its people have been dragged into this psychodrama and divided us down the middle. One of the very few upsides of this has been that many have become more politically aware of the workings of the constitution and of the make up of the EU.

Whilst I don't agree with her politics, I think Theresa May was an improvement of David Cameron.

Apparently he was very upset about the result of the referendum, it wasn't what he had anticipated.

Theresa May did her best considering the difficulties she too hadn't been prepared for. 

But we expect better results  from our political leaders, and why shouldn't we. It's the present and uncertain future with Boris as PM I'm concerned about now though. 

8 hours ago, janie48 said:

Because people voted to leave?

In Camerons time there was a clammer for another referendum, they even wanted one on the Mastrick treaty. A referendum was unavoidable with our broken democracy.  The EU got blamed for most things, leaving the EU will not make our MPs start to tell the truth, but it will give the system a good shake up.

8 hours ago, Mister M said:

I drive for a living, no acidents in recent years; if I left my employment - would it be my fault if my employer employed a muppet and they wrote-off the works vehicle?