The Conservative Party. All discussion here please

1 minute ago, catmiss said:

And we thought class divided Britain- when will this madness end?

Class does divide Britain.

Unfortunately at the moment we have ex miners from Barnsley supporting an Eton educated public schoolboy and a Victorian aristocratic toff. 

It’s like we’ve gone back 100 years to a time when working people ‘knew their place’.

Surely the latest antics will bring people to their senses. I’m bloody glad I don’t know my place

David Lidington, ex deputy prime minister didn’t get a peerage but John Mann did? 

Oh dear....

Johnson could be in big trouble over the prorogation of Parliament.

Not only has the court found it illegal but also that he may have lied to the Queen about the real reasons for it  Political pundits are saying that he may have to resign if the Supreme Court on Tuesday uphold the decision. 

It’s pretty dumb to very publicly promise ‘to get his way over a no-deal Brexit’ by proroguing Parliament during the leadership campaign, then go to the Queen and tell her that the reasons are ‘nothing to do with a no-deal Brexit’. Trump did exactly the same thing about using emergency powers to force Congress to give him money out of the military budget for hid Mexican wall, which may well see him in jail yet.

Boris Johnson has just visited Doncaster, no doubt to ingratiate himself & was confronted by a woman who said:

"People have died because of austerity. And you’ve got the cheek to come here and tell us austerity is over and it’s all good now and we’re going to leave the EU and everything’s going to be great – it’s just a fairytale.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-news-latest-woman-brexit-video-austerity-doncaster-cheek-visit-public-a9103906.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1568373553

I suppose Dominic Cummings told him it would be good PR. That worked out well :hihi:

I saw some of that speech in Doncaster on the BBC.

Where did this nonsense about him being a inspirational orator come from? The last three speeches I’ve seen he comes across as a bumbling fool who is easily offput by fainting police cadets and hecklers.

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Boris Johnson has just visited Doncaster, no doubt to ingratiate himself & was confronted by a woman who said:

"People have died because of austerity. And you’ve got the cheek to come here and tell us austerity is over and it’s all good now and we’re going to leave the EU and everything’s going to be great – it’s just a fairytale.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-news-latest-woman-brexit-video-austerity-doncaster-cheek-visit-public-a9103906.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1568373553

I suppose Dominic Cummings told him it would be good PR. That worked out well :hihi:

He looks shocked, Bonkers probably thought that all Yorkshire folk are like Geoffrey Boycott.

Edited by Mister Gee

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

Well I suppose he has gone out and met people, thats more than can be said for the robot that he replaced..

2 hours ago, banjodeano said:

Well I suppose he has gone out and met people, thats more than can be said for the robot that he replaced..

David Cameron has his memoirs out next week, he believes Johnson and Gove are both cads

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

David Cameron has his memoirs out next week, he believes Johnson and Gove are both cads

Cads? Is that establishment vernacular for what everyone else calls *****?

3 hours ago, El Cid said:

Not to mention rotters and bounders. The chaps behaved appallingly.

1 hour ago, Longcol said:

Not to mention rotters and bounders. The chaps behaved appallingly.

Even though some people think so, it is not David Camerons fault that the Conservative party elected a useless Prime Minister after him.