The Conservative Party. All discussion here please

33 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Tories already at it.

Accusing the LibDems of doing dirty backroom deals.

What a nerve, especially considering their own deal with the DUP

I saw a snippet on twitter. Shameless, utterly shameless. And, of course, not really challenged.

33 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Tories already at it.

Accusing the LibDems of doing dirty backroom deals.

What a nerve, especially considering their own deal with the DUP

And a possible upcoming pact with the Brexit party

I thought the conservatives did quite well considering the candidate they had.

Also the druids and vegetables didn't  put up a candidate, with their votes going to the Libs.

28 minutes ago, gomgeg said:

I thought the conservatives did quite well considering the candidate they had.

They lost! 🙄

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

They lost! 🙄

It is possible to do quite well and still to lose. 

51 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

It is possible to do quite well and still to lose. 

Similar to what happened with Labour at the GE but forum Tories said they didn't do well as they lost

41 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Similar to what happened with Labour at the GE but forum Tories said they didn't do well as they lost

Yes Labour did do quite well in the last general election. They did less well when you consider the opposition they were up against, however on percentage terms that could have been a winning 'score' in another year. 

9 hours ago, alchresearch said:

They were lucky to get what they did. What were they thinking fielding the same untrusted candidate again?

The only positive they can take away from it is that the Labour vote is collapsing even further.  

I agree, only the Tories would have the arrogance to field the candidate who got booted out for fiddling his expenses.

I think all this event has done is bring a GE closer than it was. I have consulted the runes, the tea leaves, the moon, wet a finger to see which way the wind is blowing and tossed a coin into the air, all point to a GE sooner than later. Depending if Boris has the gonads, cojones or balls to call it. With St Jeremy of Labour and his gang in complete melt down, if Boris can do a deal with Nige our Brexiteer champion, to mirror the recent local bye election, and the "we will work with any one Party if it gets us into Government" assisted by the Druids and Veggies, plagiarism by me, sorry. Then call it asap.

Angel1

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

if Boris can do a deal with Nige our Brexiteer champion, to mirror the recent local bye election, 

If Johnson does a deal with Farage, the Conservatives are finished as a centre right party. Those moderate supporters who switch their vote to the Lib Dem’s, may never come back.

Don’t forget that the USP of the British Conservative & Unionist Party is family values, fiscal prudence and defence of the Union. All three of these will be trashed by a Johnson Premiership in alliance with Farage.

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I think all this event has done is bring a GE closer than it was. I have consulted the runes, the tea leaves, the moon, wet a finger to see which way the wind is blowing and tossed a coin into the air, all point to a GE sooner than later. Depending if Boris has the gonads, cojones or balls to call it. With St Jeremy of Labour and his gang in complete melt down, if Boris can do a deal with Nige our Brexiteer champion, to mirror the recent local bye election, and the "we will work with any one Party if it gets us into Government" assisted by the Druids and Veggies, plagiarism by me, sorry. Then call it asap.

Angel1

A timely reminder of the dangers of posting on a keypad covered in drool.