The Conservative Party. All discussion here please

9 hours ago, Pettytom said:

It was. Check out iPlayer.

Andrew Neil was magnificent 

I watched it live mate, I was just putting myself in the shoes of a blowhard right winger living in ignorant bliss.

On 11/07/2019 at 05:29, crookesjoe said:

Love how you just blanket claim to know the income of most directors and ceo's of meduim to large size companies. Such a fluffy claim. 

The salaries of all directors and chief executives of public companies are in the public domain.

They are not a secret 

Posted (edited)

TORY COUNCILLOR ROGER PATTERSON CALLS FOR JEREMY CORBYN TO BE HANGED LIKE SADDAM HUSSEIN

https://evolvepolitics.com/tory-councillor-roger-patterson-calls-for-jeremy-corbyn-to-be-hanged-like-saddam-hussein/?fbclid=IwAR1ki18bJwFj98V7Dp5kY15qYWCDuetOW6GD7ExshabWrIgfm1T7ougHhoQ

well....they are the nasty party.

And.....

"Patterson previously encountered controversy after it emerged that he was a member of a closed Facebook Group  which had labelled the BAME Labour Shadow Home Secretary, Diane Abbott, a “gorilla“, among numerous other racist comments.

Other members of the group also called for ‘Islam to be banned‘, and labelled anti-Brexit campaigner Gina Miller a “damn foreigner” who should “go home” or “get what she deserves”.

Edited by banjodeano

He also promised a high speed link for Northern businesses ‘just like we did in London with Crossrail!l

So, a rail project that isn’t finished yet, is years late and is way over budget?

Yes, nice one Boris, you idiot! 😀👍

1 hour ago, banjodeano said:

And he'd still more than likely beat St Jeremy of the Islington Allotments in a general election - Corbyn is now polling the worst rating of any opposition leader - that's worse than Ian Duncan Smith - something I'd have thought impossible.

10 minutes ago, Longcol said:

And he'd still more than likely beat St Jeremy of the Islington Allotments in a general election - Corbyn is now polling the worst rating of any opposition leader - that's worse than Ian Duncan Smith - something I'd have thought impossible.

Perhaps....but the Tories are still running scared of calling an election, the last time they thought they were going to walk it they had to buy DUP votes to cling to power....funny old game isnt it?

1 hour ago, banjodeano said:

Have you watched the whole speech? 

15 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Perhaps....but the Tories are still running scared of calling an election, the last time they thought they were going to walk it they had to buy DUP votes to cling to power....funny old game isnt it?

Johnson can hardly be called "running scared" of calling an election when he's only been in power a couple of days - especially when a PM can't simply call a GE like pre 2010.

Corbyn needs to go.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Have you watched the whole speech? 

no...but does that mean he wasnt begging for applause

4 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Johnson can hardly be called "running scared" of calling an election when he's only been in power a couple of days - especially when a PM can't simply call a GE like pre 2010.

Corbyn needs to go.

erm....i didnt say Bozo, i said the Tories...they have been ducking an election for ages...

and why does Corbyn need to go?

Edited by banjodeano

4 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Oh dear. 

If you had watched the speech you would have seen that he got quite a few laughs throughout the speech from the audience, who were obviously engaged by what he was saying. 

You are trying to make out that the audience was against him, or not interested in what he was saying. Anyone who had actually watched the speech would know that is simply not true. 

11 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

erm....i didnt say Bozo, i said the Tories...they have been ducking an election for ages...

and why does Corbyn need to go?

What a bizarre thing to say. 

Is it normal for a governing party who had just a couple of years ago won an election to unnecessarily call another election when there is no reason to? I don't think so.. 

3 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Oh dear. 

If you had watched the speech you would have seen that he got quite a few laughs throughout the speech from the audience, who were obviously engaged by what he was saying. 

You are trying to make out that the audience was against him, or not interested in what he was saying. Anyone who had actually watched the speech would know that is simply not true. 

What a bizarre thing to say. 

Is it normal for a governing party who had just a couple of years ago won an election to unnecessarily call another election when there is no reason to? I don't think so.. 

was i? and how did you deduce that? in no way did i infer that...but from the small clip i saw he was  trying to get the crowd on side and make himself appear more popular....as he usually does mixed in with the waffle and hot air