The Conservative Party. All discussion here please

1 hour ago, banjodeano said:

And he'd still more than likely beat St Jeremy of the Islington Allotments in a general election - Corbyn is now polling the worst rating of any opposition leader - that's worse than Ian Duncan Smith - something I'd have thought impossible.

10 minutes ago, Longcol said:

And he'd still more than likely beat St Jeremy of the Islington Allotments in a general election - Corbyn is now polling the worst rating of any opposition leader - that's worse than Ian Duncan Smith - something I'd have thought impossible.

Perhaps....but the Tories are still running scared of calling an election, the last time they thought they were going to walk it they had to buy DUP votes to cling to power....funny old game isnt it?

1 hour ago, banjodeano said:

Have you watched the whole speech? 

15 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Perhaps....but the Tories are still running scared of calling an election, the last time they thought they were going to walk it they had to buy DUP votes to cling to power....funny old game isnt it?

Johnson can hardly be called "running scared" of calling an election when he's only been in power a couple of days - especially when a PM can't simply call a GE like pre 2010.

Corbyn needs to go.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Have you watched the whole speech? 

no...but does that mean he wasnt begging for applause

4 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Johnson can hardly be called "running scared" of calling an election when he's only been in power a couple of days - especially when a PM can't simply call a GE like pre 2010.

Corbyn needs to go.

erm....i didnt say Bozo, i said the Tories...they have been ducking an election for ages...

and why does Corbyn need to go?

Edited by banjodeano

4 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Oh dear. 

If you had watched the speech you would have seen that he got quite a few laughs throughout the speech from the audience, who were obviously engaged by what he was saying. 

You are trying to make out that the audience was against him, or not interested in what he was saying. Anyone who had actually watched the speech would know that is simply not true. 

11 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

erm....i didnt say Bozo, i said the Tories...they have been ducking an election for ages...

What a bizarre thing to say. 

Is it normal for a governing party who had just a couple of years ago won an election to unnecessarily call another election when there is no reason to? I don't think so.. 

3 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Oh dear. 

If you had watched the speech you would have seen that he got quite a few laughs throughout the speech from the audience, who were obviously engaged by what he was saying. 

You are trying to make out that the audience was against him, or not interested in what he was saying. Anyone who had actually watched the speech would know that is simply not true. 

What a bizarre thing to say. 

Is it normal for a governing party who had just a couple of years ago won an election to unnecessarily call another election when there is no reason to? I don't think so.. 

was i? and how did you deduce that? in no way did i infer that...but from the small clip i saw he was  trying to get the crowd on side and make himself appear more popular....as he usually does mixed in with the waffle and hot air

11 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

They had an election a couple of years ago - did you miss it? May wasn't so stupid as to **** off the electorate by calling yet another. 

Corbyn has gone backwards since 2017 when he was a relatively unknown quantity and May failed to win an overall majority - although the Tories did win 55 more seats than Labour. He's had the worst PM in living memory to oppose and he still looked second rate. Remember - he's polling worse than Ian Duncan Smith did which is well nigh impossible - how bad is that? 

2 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

was i? and how did you deduce that? in no way did i infer that...but from the small clip i saw he was  trying to get the crowd on side and make himself appear more popular....as he usually does mixed in with the waffle and hot air

Then I advise you watch the whole thing. He got quite a lot of laughs and there was no need to get the crowd on side as quite a number of them clearly already were. 

1 minute ago, Robin-H said:

Then I advise you watch the whole thing. He got quite a lot of laughs and there was no need to get the crowd on side as quite a number of them clearly already were. 

No thanks, watching a small clip of that idiot is enough for me thanks

4 minutes ago, Longcol said:

They had an election a couple of years ago - did you miss it? May wasn't so stupid as to **** off the electorate by calling yet another. 

Corbyn has gone backwards since 2017 when he was a relatively unknown quantity and May failed to win an overall majority - although the Tories did win 55 more seats than Labour. He's had the worst PM in living memory to oppose and he still looked second rate. Remember - he's polling worse than Ian Duncan Smith did which is well nigh impossible - how bad is that? 

Corbyn has gone backwards?  because the polls infer that i suppose?

I was Boris Johnson’s boss: he is utterly unfit to be prime minister

Max Hastings...

hahahha another one that knows Bozo too well and can see beyond the facade

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jun/24/boris-johnson-prime-minister-tory-party-britain?CMP=share_btn_fb&fbclid=IwAR3CA9VZFBcJ-u502OjW8upJYaH9zAv7H39ZwO7YQOovblHdHmaJIUGHw6I

4 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Corbyn has gone backwards?  because the polls infer that i suppose?

They more than infer it. He's a busted flush - he hasn't shown any leadership qualities - unless being indecisive on Brexit is a leadership quality that absolutely no-one is aware of.