The Conservative Party. All discussion here please

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Wash your mouth out with carbolic soap, John Mann is the only Liebour MP I would ever vote for. 

53 minutes ago, melthebell said:

like he said, crackpots...

Punctuation gentlemen!

I missed a comma out in that sentence. I meant to write upset the crackpots, John Mann and Kate Hoey, the word crackpots referring to Rees-Mogg, Johnson, François et al, not Mann and Hoey.

I shall be more careful in future! 😂

You's have to have a heart of stone

not to laugh

Posted (edited)

I do. She's been an awful prime Minister.

As someone once said - You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!

Edited by Obelix

Apparently the 1922 Committee held a secret vote to change the party rules to allow another vote of no confidence in the party leader within a year. The result of that vote is apparently in an envelope locked away in a safe in Graham Brady's office.

She should have called his bluff and come out fighting! 😏

I know people will talk about the Windrush scandal  & perhaps her refusal to meet with the victims of Grenfell; but when she spoke of the 'burning injustices', I really hoped that she wanted to address the issues at the DWP which caused so much unnecessary misery and pain. 

I couldn't watch the ending when all of the emotion and distress broke out in her voice...............

.....because I was laughing so hard my glasses fell off.

I wanted so much from our second woman prime minster, but it was a lacklustre premiership, marred further by Brexit.

I wonder how things would have been different if Remain had won the referendum and Cameron stayed on.

She was completely out of her depth. She was handed a pile of crap from Cameron but just made it worse. She was a stubborn one I’ll give her that but she didn’t have a clue.

The tories need to go all in and put a brexiteer in charge and call an election. Sink or swim time I think.

20 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

I wanted so much from our second woman prime minster, but it was a lacklustre premiership, marred further by Brexit.

I wonder how things would have been different if Remain had won the referendum and Cameron stayed on.

20 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

I suppose Osborne would have continued as Chancellor, austerity continued and Labour, with or without Corbyn as leader, would almost certainly have won a 2019/20 general election with an electorate fed up with 10 years of Conservative rule.

Its quite funny seeing on some Pro-Corbyn social media sites that they're championing that "Corbyn has now seen off two Tory leaders".

Stand at the sidelines like he does and he'll see plenty more before he gets a taste of power!

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

I couldn't watch the ending when all of the emotion and distress broke out in her voice...............

.....because I was laughing so hard my glasses fell off.

Frankie Boyle made a similar joke about watching Donald Trump get assassinated....although he wasn't "laughing"