The Conservative Party. All discussion here please

18 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Even Michael Heseltine is in support of what David Lammy said about the ERG.

That's not exactly true is it. 

If you read what he says, nowhere does he liken the ERG to the Nazis, unless you're also suggesting he thinks EU Bureaucrats are like Nazis.. He said..

“The extremes of the ’30s were born of economic stress. And the thing that is driving the extremes of today is the fact that we’ve had, since 2008, frozen living standards, and people are looking for alibis. If you put together the bureaucrats of Brussels, the immigrants and the foreigners and the elite, all that sort of stuff – it’s got a sort of basic, chilling appeal for people who are desperately looking for an alternative. If you have a stagnant economy, you have to work your way to improve that economy.”

On 14/04/2019 at 10:13, banjodeano said:

Labour takes poll lead as Tory support plummets by nine points amid Brexit chaos....

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/conservative-party/theresa-may/news/103166/labour-takes-poll-lead-tory

oh happy days...

I thought you were one who didn't believe in polls.......

What is it with Tory MPs and their pretty sisters now joining politics . First  Jacob Rees Moggs sister , Annunziata :love:      and now Boris Johnsons sister , Rachel :love: .  Things are looking up .

8 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

What is it with Tory MPs and their pretty sisters now joining politics . First  Jacob Rees Moggs sister , Annunziata :love:      and now Boris Johnsons sister , Rachel :love: .  Things are looking up .

Annunziata Rees-Mogg, speaking up for the bloke from Hackenthorpe!

6 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Annunziata Rees-Mogg, speaking up for the bloke from Hackenthorpe!

Well you never know , if she finds out about im  bigging her up :love:

Just now, hackey lad said:

Well you never know , if she finds out about im  bigging her up :love:

What does that mean?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

What does that mean?

Giving her encouragement. And Rachel of course

Edited by hackey lad

I think I read that 63 per cent of paid up Conservative party members are going to vote for a rival party in the EU elections. Many party activists are refusing to do any work for the local elections.

A party in meltdown and now a spent electoral force. A zombie party!

Coming from a supporter of a party that hasnt won a GE in over 45 years thats a bit rich.  

3 hours ago, Car Boot said:

I think I read that 63 per cent of paid up Conservative party members are going to vote for a rival party in the EU elections.

Is that the same place where you read that "Labour is about 10 points ahead of the Tories."

2 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Is that the same place where you read that "Labour is about 10 points ahead of the Tories."

It was in at least 2 newspapers this weekend that Labour is 10 points in front.

Ah, yes, I found it in The Morning Star.  It was undertaken by ComRes.

I hope you agree with them, as they also did this one last week:

Most Brits think Corbyn’s handling of antisemitism row shows he’s unfit to be PM

ComRes poll reveals a major surge of voters saying the party has a big problem with Jew-hate in its ranks.

A staggering 55 percent of those polled agreed that the Labour leader’s ‘failure to tackle antisemitism within his own party shows he is unfit’ for Downing Street