The Conservative Party. All discussion here please

I don't think there was ever a chance of that happening or that he ever wanted that

Who will replace the hapless May? I cant think of anyone. Perhaps it might be Corbyn..

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I don't think there was ever a chance of that happening or that he ever wanted that

He wouldn't approve of a back bencher leaping straight into the role of leader/Prime minister. He would surely believe that one must serve with distinction in a prominent cabinet position first. Personally I'd like Amber Rudd. 

Edited by Hots on

2 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Who will replace the hapless May? I cant think of anyone. Perhaps it might be Corbyn..

I suppose when Labour ditch him, he could have a go. He might feel comfortable with other Leave supporters!

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 12:27, Mister M said:

Apparently the Board of Deputies of British Jews have criticised her for using an anti semitic trope, and demanded that she never use it again

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/cultural-marxism-tory-suella-braverman-conservatives-antisemitism-a8841581.html

I look forward to her being splashed across the headlines like the Labour Party were.

Cultural Marxism/the Frankfurt school isn't something that I would characterise as being a Jewish conspiracy, I thought it was looked upon as a communist conspiracy.

22 minutes ago, Hots on said:

He wouldn't approve of a back bencher leaping straight into the role of leader/Prime minister. He would surely believe that one must serve with distinction in a prominent cabinet position first. Personally I'd like Amber Rudd. 

There are loads who want the job.

But what are the odds that the Conservative party members will get a vote on their new leader?

They didn't get the chance to vote for May maybe it was too important to leave to the rank and file.

Mind you they didn't make as much as a squeak about it.  Your average Conservative members are deferential to their betters and subservient to the big beasts of the party. Not that they get much chance, or even if they want the chance……

“It turns out that half of all members (46 per cent) are happy with the current system for electing the leader, although – perhaps surprisingly – a fifth (21 per cent) would like to see the decision return to MPs only.

https://www.psa.ac.uk/insight-plus/members-only-views-conservative-party’s-rank-and-file

Are we agreed that after today's vote and Wednesday's indicative votes, the next Conservative leader needs to be a Remainer or a soft Brexiteer?

17 hours ago, banjodeano said:

I will give you that one, not one of the sorry bunch of the losers stands head and shoulders above their rivals for PM. At present the whole lot of them could crawl under a snakes belly without disturbing it.

But the same applies to Labour, where is the candidate to replace Corbyn when he receives his marching orders, I have looked through my binoculars, and no one is in sight.

I think putting Gardiner v Abbott for leader would be interesting.

Angel1.

16 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Are we agreed that after today's vote and Wednesday's indicative votes, the next Conservative leader needs to be a Remainer or a soft Brexiteer?

Almost right. Just a Brexiteer would do for me, instead of the incumbent remainer we have now.

Angel.

41 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Just a Brexiteer would do for me, instead of the incumbent remainer we have now

Given that Teresa May has spent the last two years busting a gut to get us out of the EU, I'm not sure that it's fair to call her a remainer. 🙄

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”

May hopes to hold fourth vote on Brexit deal.....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/29/mps-reject-theresa-mays-brexit-deal-third-time?fbclid=IwAR11BanoQ71CczoCzYCkfVo_QFumTzEU19jomrg__CHTBApsWtwZe6eSYqE