The Conservative Party. All discussion here please

36 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

John Mann, all that is wrong with the party..

In what way? Because he's vocal and dares to criticise Corbyn?

1 minute ago, alchresearch said:

In what way? Because he's vocal and dares to criticise Corbyn?

he has an hidden agenda..sorry, but not going all over this for a millionth time

1 hour ago, banjodeano said:

he has an hidden agenda..sorry, but not going all over this for a millionth time

A link will do, or a copy and paste if you've posted it before.  

Posted (edited)

Tories have suspended 14 people from their party because of racism 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/05/tories-suspend-14-members-over-alleged-islamophobia

A spokesperson for the Muslim Council of Britain said the posts showed that “the scale of Islamophobia at all levels of the party is astonishing”

Edited by Mister M

I'm not surprised at this.  Some of the posts from followers in Boris Johnson's page are the same, but mainly focused on being anti-European.

In my eyes the Tories have lurched back to the right after Brexit, and is nothing like the coalition party that I voted for.

I was watching Tony Blair on Andrew Marr at the weekend and it amazed me at how much I agreed with what he said about party lines:

"Hard-left" Labour and a "hard Brexit" Tory party had created a "vast" new space, he told the BBC's Andrew Marr.

He said the move showed there was "a limit to the self-indulgence" of the two main parties, as they moved further to the left and right, respectively, leaving millions of voters politically "homeless".

And he warned: "You are going to have a situation in which the two main parties break up."

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

I'm not surprised at this.  Some of the posts from followers in Boris Johnson's page are the same, but mainly focused on being anti-European.

In my eyes the Tories have lurched back to the right after Brexit, and is nothing like the coalition party that I voted for.

I was watching Tony Blair on Andrew Marr at the weekend and it amazed me at how much I agreed with what he said about party lines:

But it's perfectly possible to be anti- EU without being racist. It's unfortunate that right wingers used dog whistle politics to encourage people to vote for something that will lose them their jobs.

21 hours ago, Mister M said:

Tories have suspended 14 people from their party because of racism 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/05/tories-suspend-14-members-over-alleged-islamophobia

A spokesperson for the Muslim Council of Britain said the posts showed that “the scale of Islamophobia at all levels of the party is astonishing”

Funny, ive never seen any in the things ive read today . 

On 05/03/2019 at 10:02, banjodeano said:

John Mann, all that is wrong with the party..

Communist Corbin is whats wrong with Labour 

3 hours ago, Mister M said:

But it's perfectly possible to be anti- EU without being racist. It's unfortunate that right wingers used dog whistle politics to encourage people to vote for something that will lose them their jobs.

Not according to some on here. There are many posts on the Brexit thread where some have accused Leavers of being racist for voting to leave.  

13 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Not according to some on here. There are many posts on the Brexit thread where some have accused Leavers of being racist for voting to leave.  

thats probably becaue you read The Sun..

11 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Some have voted leave for anti immigrant reason, some didn't. 

With regards to your point about not seeing anything about racism in the Tory in the media - it is reported, obviously not as much as anti semitism in the Labour Party

3 hours ago, Mister M said:

Some have voted leave for anti immigrant reason, some didn't. 

With regards to your point about not seeing anything about racism in the Tory in the media - it is reported, obviously not as much as anti semitism in the Labour Party

That was one of the reasons i voted leave , among other reasons. Being Anti Immigration isnt Racist. 

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Tories mired in more racism, as Tory mayor of Staffordshire shares cartoon image of Sadiq Khan being beheaded 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47472902

Total non story.