The Conservative Party. All discussion here please

Oh for crying out loud. It says way more about you that you wish to use this mans death to try to score political points. Get a life and stop trying to change the past to suit your political aims.

Don't you 'oh for crying out loud' me with your false exasperation, I wasn't going to comment at all until I saw your post.

I'm not changing the past either, what I said did happen:

The conservatives despicably called Charles Kennedy a traitor and tried to stop him talking in the house of commons, because they were just as keen for war as Blair.

I think that's worth remembering.

You are the despicable one here, you lie when you state that the Tories alone shouted down Kennedy.

He was a good man and deserves better than this.

Only an Idiot is "keen for war" the Tories were lied to, but following the tradition of centuries fell in behind the Prime Minister. That is why what Blair and his co conspirators did is unforgivable.

Edited by Alan Ladd

I'd be fully in support of Blair standing trial for war crimes and those who openly lied to the public, the government and the military who lost many lives at his hands.

You are the despicable one here, you lie when you state that the Tories alone shouted down Kennedy.

He was a good man and deserves better than this.

Save your phony respect, I don't buy it at all.

Do you not think it was despicable for the Tories (and it was mostly them, I never said alone that's a strawman you made up) to try and stifle debate in the commons by calling someone a traitor for standing by his convictions and taking an action that you now are happy to label him a good man for (even though you're probably only doing it because he's dead)?

Save your phony respect, I don't buy it at all.

Do you not think it was despicable for the Tories (and it was mostly them, I never said alone that's a strawman you made up) to try and stifle debate in the commons by calling someone a traitor for standing by his convictions and taking an action that you now are happy to label him a good man for (even though you're probably only doing it because he's dead)?

Your bias shows through when you accuse me of being insincere in my praise of the man, presumably I must be a hypocrite because I disagree with you.

You are telling lies. Attempting to attach an action onto a particular party in this situation is despicable.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Your bias shows through when you accuse me of being insincere in my praise of the man, presumably I must be a hypocrite because I disagree with you.

You are telling lies.

That's just completely not true at all. What lies have I told?

You're just trying to shame me into shutting up here, it's not working. Much the same as the conservatives and a few others did when Charlesw Kennedy was speaking against the Iraq war in the commons.

Even if you prove me wrong, which you haven't even attempted to do, just calling me names, you'd still be wrong I am categorically not lying here. I have no intent to deceive I'm telling you what I remember.

There's a chance I'm wrong, but I'm definitely not lying.

Attempting to attach an action onto a particular party in this situation is despicable.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

I'm not, at all. You are sinking quite low here imo though.

In any case, even I was 'using' Charles Kennedy's death to have a go at the conservatives, that's what he was all about anyway, he hated the conservatives, I'd hardly be besmirching his values.

Edited by flamingjimmy

Untruths for sure. You claim the conservative party shouted down Kennedy and called him a traitor. That's like saying the Labour party took the UK to war, it's simply not true.

In essence you are being disingenuous with the truth and choosing to highlight one aspect to score political points. You are not giving a true picture of the facts.

Untruths for sure. You claim the conservative party shouted down Kennedy and called him a traitor. That's like saying the Labour party took the UK to war, it's simply not true.

In essence you are being disingenuous with the truth and choosing to highlight one aspect to score political points. You are not giving a true picture of the facts.

No I really am, I can remember it like it was yesterday, it's one of the things that inspired me to join the anti-war movement, seeing the treatment given to Charles Kennedy by (mostly) the tories when he opposed the war in the commons.

May I join my comments to Berberis and Ron Jeremy.

Blair stood before the House of Commons and lied. Any opposition, be it Labour or Conservative have supported the government when we go to war. That is their duty, not uncritically but supportive of the men and women who are going into harms way,

The Opposition is entitled to be told the truth. Foot supported Thatcher, re the Falklands. Tories supported Blair re Balkans and Sierra Leone.

This support is predicated on being told the truth. Blair lied. Thousands have died and are still dying.

Blair and his front bench are war criminals. They should stand trial.

They all support each other because they all make a lot of money lying from war.

Edited by Bonzo77

You're just trying to shame me into shutting up here, it's not working. Much the same as the conservatives and a few others did when Charlesw Kennedy was speaking against the Iraq war in the commons.

Even if you prove me wrong, which you haven't even attempted to do, just calling me names, you'd still be wrong I am categorically not lying here. I have no intent to deceive I'm telling you what I remember.

There's a chance I'm wrong, but I'm definitely not lying.

I'm not, at all. You are sinking quite low here imo though.

In any case, even I was 'using' Charles Kennedy's death to have a go at the conservatives, that's what he was all about anyway, he hated the conservatives, I'd hardly be besmirching his values.

Men like Kennedy dont "hate" anyone based on their political beliefs, hence the sense of loss across all political boundaries. Morons "hate".

If you hate, and the cap fits, wear it.

The OP was about the way the conservatives behaved, something that almost all posters have chosen to ignore. Its about the conservative, look at the title.

We have had all sorts of fake offended reaction and references to the dodgy dossier and phony respect.

The OP commends Charles Kennedy, real respect there.

To all these spluttering Tory's I say "Calm down dears, Calm down"

The OP was about the way the conservatives behaved, something that almost all posters have chosen to ignore. Its about the conservative, look at the title.

We have had all sorts of fake offended reaction and references to the dodgy dossier and phony respect.

The OP commends Charles Kennedy, real respect there.

To all these spluttering Tory's I say "Calm down dears, Calm down"

Sorry? What was the question?