The Conservative Party. All discussion here please

9 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Anna Soubry announces she has left the Conservatives - and criticises the "infiltration" of right-wing activists into the party.

https://www.facebook.com/Channel4News/

Along with Heidi Allen and Sarah Woolaston. 

Their criticisms range far and wide.  I caught the bit where Soubry was laying into Brandon Lewis, Chairman of the CP, and effectively allow the takeover of the PCP by the ERG.

My only regret is that this couldn't have happened after PMQs, so that May could've taken the p out of Labour resignations, then had her own straight afterwards. Her face would've been a picture :hihi:

Edited by Mister M

25 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Anna Soubry announces she has left the Conservatives - and criticises the "infiltration" of right-wing activists into the party.

https://www.facebook.com/Channel4News/

Not  sure about the infiltration but I believe all three have had Brextremists in their local parties trying to have them deselected.

By the way, can posters try not to post links to facebook or The Times where you have to register before you can view the linked material.

33 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Not  sure about the infiltration but I believe all three have had Brextremists in their local parties trying to have them deselected.

By the way, can posters try not to post links to facebook or The Times where you have to register before you can view the linked material.

Yeah, sorry about that, I did try to find another link but couldn't find one, 

2 hours ago, banjodeano said:

Yeah, sorry about that, I did try to find another link but couldn't find one, 

The only 'news source' you could find covering the defection of the Conservative MPs was Facebook? 

About time we changed the name of the thread to the "BlueKip Party" 😎

I wonder if Farige will rejoin the Tories if Rees-Mogg and his band of crackpots get control of the party?

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I wonder if Farige will rejoin the Tories if Rees-Mogg and his band of crackpots get control of the party?

Looking increasingly like the crackpots are the mainstream among the rank and file of the party - although "rank and file" is a tad proletarian for the Tory membership - perhaps "blue rinse and gammon" is more suitable.

On 21/02/2019 at 18:06, melthebell said:

Brexit has been a very useful diversion for the Tories.

They've been slipping unpopular legislation out under the radar ever since Brexit became the prominent, all encompassing news story.  

Lots of opportunities to bury bad news....

Jesus.H.Christ in a chickenbasket.

21 hours ago, Anna B said:

Brexit has been a very useful diversion for the Tories.

They've been slipping unpopular legislation out under the radar ever since Brexit became the prominent, all encompassing news story.  

Lots of opportunities to bury bad news....

Every day is Jo Moore day now.

On 20/02/2019 at 15:28, Mister M said:

Along with Heidi Allen and Sarah Woolaston. 

Their criticisms range far and wide.  I caught the bit where Soubry was laying into Brandon Lewis, Chairman of the CP, and effectively allow the takeover of the PCP by the ERG.

My only regret is that this couldn't have happened after PMQs, so that May could've taken the p out of Labour resignations, then had her own straight afterwards. Her face would've been a picture :hihi:

The fact that neither of them even mentioned the new independents in the chamber during Prime Minister's Questions was intensely absurd.

Edited by Phanerothyme

The Tories are crap politicians, but credit where it's due, they have much better PR. . .