Police, do they exist to serve the public, or corporations?

On 12/13/2018 at 7:54 AM, pintor said:

Thanks for your sarcasm,  but for your information its in west yorks, has a population of 14k, and to give a bit more detail I could have said, at times there isnt a car within that range , and the local cop shop (next village) is closed after 5pm each day!

Somewhere like "Park House" in the northwest/centre of the Yorkshire Dales perhaps.

I guess I can see why the police aren't randomly driving around the largely unpopulated dales at night.  And even if there were 1 car somewhere, there'd be plenty of other villages from which it was quite some distance.

Not a problem I guess though, they tend to police areas where they've been previously needed and know they will be again.

21 hours ago, Flanker7 said:

Janus gives a logical reason for the height  restriction and each service (force in those days) . In fact each force had its own qualifying height which was 6 feet and over in some areas.

No reason for the removal of the height restriction is not officially given in the remarks we have seen so far... I gave my opinion.

Undoubtedly it does allow  a larger percentage of all ethnic groups to apply for they job and the Police are, and were, making efforts for the make up of the Police is more accurately mirror society at large. 

Nothing wrong with that is there?

If you're in a fight and want some back-up -the bigger the better  is whatI I say.

No, nothing to disagree with there.  It does remove a restriction which might have disproportionately applied to some ethnic minorities.  I'm not convinced that that was the driving reason behind removing it though.

22 hours ago, Flanker7 said:

Perhaps it could be that the civilians and criminals thought it inappropriate to be scared of a 6 foot 18 stone bobby threatening a slap around the head. The weight restrictions at the time i was of the age to join prevented me joining the Fire Brigade,yet i could have joined the Army and killed people.

8 hours ago, willman said:

Post no 26...

I did not write this or anything remotely close to it.

This is the second time this has happened.

Moderators informed. 

I WILL CEASE TO USE THIS SITE IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN. 

If you want to drive my comments out , congratulations you've  succeeded.

All other users be aware that any reply may be interfered with or false quotes place in your name.

You're quite right Flanker and my apologies -  i thought i had copied your earlier post and highlighted a bit about heights.

It was not my intention to make it appear you had made the above comments/

30 minutes ago, willman said:

You're quite right Flanker and my apologies -  i thought i had copied your earlier post and highlighted a bit about heights.

It was not my intention to make it appear you had made the above comments/

Noted.