Cutlery works, neepsend

Called in here last Saturday afternoon. It was absolutely buzzing, a great addition to the area.

2 floors, food and drink outlets around the edge, communal seating in the middle.

Edited by Bargepole23

Agreed, it is pretty damn good. Several bars, including Reyt Good Beer, which does craft stuff. It's going to be rammed on Peddler weekends that's for sure. The only thing I would say is that Rutland/Neepsend junction really needs a pedestrian crossing or two now with the increased footfall generated by this place and Church Temple of Fun nearby.

3 hours ago, belperite said:

Agreed, it is pretty damn good. Several bars, including Reyt Good Beer, which does craft stuff. It's going to be rammed on Peddler weekends that's for sure. The only thing I would say is that Rutland/Neepsend junction really needs a pedestrian crossing or two now with the increased footfall generated by this place and Church Temple of Fun nearby.

Funnily enough, I said exactly the same re. pedestrian crossings to the person I was with.

Love love love it! 

And you can park on the streets close by for free. For now...

Still not been but sounds good. Is it comfy / cosy though or more like sitting in the market?

25 minutes ago, jemson said:

Still not been but sounds good. Is it comfy / cosy though or more like sitting in the market?

Theres lots of different areas to sit and a variety of seating from long  picnic type benches to cozy arm chairs and sofa's.  Its nothing like sitting in the market!

On 11/20/2018 at 12:52 PM, Bargepole23 said:

Funnily enough, I said exactly the same re. pedestrian crossings to the person I was with.

Same here, hope it isn't far of. Do petition your local councillors!

Haven't been in Cutlery Works yet (used crossing from Gardener's Rest to Kelham Island) but it is definitely on the watchlist. Probably head over after the holiday season.

On 12/9/2018 at 6:45 PM, tzijlstra said:

Same here, hope it isn't far of. Do petition your local councillors!

Filled in the online form and got the following reply from the "Senior Transport Planner":

Thank you for contacting us about this matter. 

As I am sure you will appreciate the Council receives numerous requests for road safety measures from local residents and ideally we would like to be able to respond to most of them. However, the limitations on our resources mean that we have to assess and prioritise locations for measures according to certain criteria. The most important one of these relates to the prevention of accidents, particularly those recorded as serious or fatal. Although we cannot know where the next accident may occur, it is more likely to happen at a location having a history of previous accidents than one with few or none. In this way we can focus our attentions effectively on locations where measures are most urgently needed

All requests, either individual or via a petition, are added to the request list. All requests remain on the list, unless they have been built or superseded.

In terms of your request it will be scored, compared and prioritised along with many other similar requests that have been made.

Thank you again for getting in touch.

2 hours ago, belperite said:

Filled in the online form and got the following reply from the "Senior Transport Planner":

so basically we need more requests, where did you find the form?