Pointing out differences between men and women, is mysoginistic?

16 hours ago, Hots on said:

So there's a couple, the man goes out to work, the woman is the full time rearer (is that a word??), they split up. Explain to me why the man in this scenario should not have access to the children.

Like I said, thinking isn't really your bag. Why would I not want the bloke to access the children? I would want the bloke to be able to see his children - provided there aren't good reasons why he shouldn't.

19 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Like I said, thinking isn't really your bag. Why would I not want the bloke to access the children? I would want the bloke to be able to see his children - provided there aren't good reasons why he shouldn't.

altus in post 29 seem to be suggesting that the reason/justification for dads often having to jump through hoops to see their own kids after a break up is because usually the women in the relationship are the primary child carers. That's how it read to me any way.

I questioned why women being the primary child carers should have any bearing on the men merely having access to their kids after a break up. You then called me "hard of thinking", suggesting that you concur with Altus's position on this,.

Edited by Hots on

On 11/29/2018 at 11:04 AM, altus said:

The only way that's going to change is if women stop being seen a primary child rearers. That will only happen if a large enough proportion of fathers become the ones who give up work to look after their children whilst their partner goes out to work rather than the other way round.

It's not as simple as that, having had first hand experience.

My ex said a few things about me in court, none of which were true, but the judge believed her automatically and i wasn't given chance to explain my side of the story because she's a vulnerable female and i'm an evil man who had the audacity to leave what could be argued as a mentally abusive relationship.

11 hours ago, Halibut said:

Just 'see'?

Not have equal parenting rights?

Not have equal consideration given to him as a parent that the mother has???

This is the problem with the beta males in the modern day... too quick to give up who they are just to virtue signal to look good.

11 hours ago, leviathan13 said:

This is the problem with the beta males in the modern day... too quick to give up who they are just to virtue signal to look good.

Yeah, alpha and beta males - don't let the fact that no-one in zoology believes that tripe anymore stop you from thinking that being an "alpha male" is a reasonable excuse for boorish, domineering behaviour.