Hockney painting 90 million.

hockney art is a bit like the emperors new clothes:roll: the art world say its great and some mug pays 90 mil dollars for it:hihi: but hey good luck to him its the buyer who is the fool:loopy:

Not a mug H, he will wrap it up for a couple years, then auction it for 100 mil dollars.

Pearls before swine.

Of course it is if you are up your own arse. I do not rate his work at all, too many <removed> with far too much money, why not put it to better use?

Edited by nikki-red

Of course it is if you are up your own arse. I do not rate his work at all, too many <removed> with far too much money, why not put it to better use?

And what would be better use?

Buying a fleet of McLaren sports cars, a luxury yacht, a twelfth home that they spend two days a year in, doing it all up their nose?

At worst this is something which will hold its value. At best it will give years of enjoyment to someone.

Pearls before swine.

Some pearls are real and some pearls are artificial, intended to fool the gullible.

---------- Post added 16-11-2018 at 20:22 ----------

And what would be better use?

Buying a fleet of McLaren sports cars, a luxury yacht, a twelfth home that they spend two days a year in, doing it all up their nose?

At worst this is something which will hold its value. At best it will give years of enjoyment to someone.

Give it to charity ?

Some pearls are real and some pearls are artificial, intended to fool the gullible.

Art is of course subjective, but if you're genuinely suggesting that David Hockney is some kind of fraud, you're very, very wrong.

---------- Post added 16-11-2018 at 20:22 ----------

Give it to charity ?

Why ? ............

Art is of course subjective, but if you're genuinely suggesting that David Hockney is some kind of fraud, you're very, very wrong.

Of course I'm not suggesting that Hockney is a fraud, I'm sure he paints what he does because he enjoys it. It is the hype from others that draws in those with more money than common sense.

Here is a fine example of gushing drivel for you:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46215476

Getting kids from deprived backgrounds involved in any form of art is a great social mobility tool, it shows them aspiration and that there is more to life than laying bricks or driving Amazon vans.

We are blessed in Sheffield, we have Pete McKee murals that don't get touched, we have the daft Bowie on Devonshire, we have the I LOVE YOU WILL YOU MARRY ME at Park Hill. We have a prior industrial wasteland transformed because artists moved in and made the area liveable and somewhat trendy. What price do we put on those?

PS David Hockney contributes heavily to his hometown via the excellent Salts Mill, designed to draw folks in and inspire them.

Edited by tzijlstra

Getting kids from deprived backgrounds involved in any form of art is a great social mobility tool, it shows them aspiration and that there is more to life than laying bricks or driving Amazon vans.

We are blessed in Sheffield, we have Pete McKee murals that don't get touched, we have the daft Bowie on Devonshire, we have the I LOVE YOU WILL YOU MARRY ME at Park Hill. We have a prior industrial wasteland transformed because artists moved in and made the area liveable and somewhat trendy. What price do we put on those?

PS David Hockney contributes heavily to his hometown via the excellent Salts Mill, designed to draw folks in and inspire them.

Hmmm... :huh:

... well if it's home-grown talent you're after, you can experience the delight of a beautifully balanced multi-faceted combination of kaleidoscopic pixels and orchestral elegance which melodically examine the interaction between various indigenous anthropological forms whilst still exhibiting an inherent authenticity to the media of it's electronically developed environment... (YouTube linky below)

... all for less than the price of a packet of ginger nuts. ;)

Its a beautiful work but 90 million is an obscene price for any artwork.

It belongs in a gallery.