£10k fine for football violence

No place for violence in Football, idiots like that need a firm hand.

He put two men in Hospital, for nothing more than being visiting fans of the away team.

As far as I'm aware the court would take his earnings in to account to determine the level of the fine. He must have the worlds biggest paper round.

They ought to have sentenced him to 5 years watching the owls and cleaning Big Dave's boots. ;-)

Good. Throw the book at them. Atmosphere was highly charged at that game, due in’part to the antics and tactics of the Norwich Manager. I remember thinking at the time that any Norwich fan would have been well advised to save the celebrations until they’d left the ground and it’s surrounding areas.

Before the game i walked up Shoreham Street with a large number of Norwich fans, who were quite rowdy and I suggested to them that the best way to their part of the ground would be by walking up the dual carriage way towards St Mary’s church they chose to ignore that advice and carried on towards the home end of the kop which would have entailed walking through the arriving home crowd.

Although attending football is a much safer experience these days I still think you need to exercise caution and good judgement around large crowds, especially where people may have been drinking.

This by no means excuses idiots from assuming their responsibilities.

The ages of some of the aggressors is astonishing

Good. Throw the book at them. Atmosphere was highly charged at that game, due in’part to the antics and tactics of the Norwich Manager. I remember thinking at the time that any Norwich fan would have been well advised to save the celebrations until they’d left the ground and it’s surrounding areas.

Before the game i walked up Shoreham Street with a large number of Norwich fans, who were quite rowdy and I suggested to them that the best way to their part of the ground would be by walking up the dual carriage way towards St Mary’s church they chose to ignore that advice and carried on towards the home end of the kop which would have entailed walking through the arriving home crowd.

Although attending football is a much safer experience these days I still think you need to exercise caution and good judgement around large crowds, especially where people may have been drinking.

This by no means excuses idiots from assuming their responsibilities.

The ages of some of the aggressors is astonishing

That's what surprised me, blokes aged 59 and 53 still at it.

That's what surprised me, blokes aged 59 and 53 still at it.

I agree. Unbelievable to think that some people don’t think of consequences of their actions.

No place for violence in Football, idiots like that need a firm hand.

Agreed :thumbsup:

I agree. Unbelievable to think that some people don’t think of consequences of their actions.

They're the ones with he money and they've watched football since they were kids. I remember at the World Cup the camera scanned the England crowd and it looked like a saga holiday!

I don't agree with sentencing that differentiates based on certain scenarios. The crime is disgusting whether its racially aggravated, random or football related.

Anyone behaving in that manner should receive similar punishments