Second referendum time? SF Poll

Vaati

As you can't seem to post like adults, this thread is now closed. You are not to post a new thread or derail any other thread on the subject.

Message added by Vaati

Should we have a 2nd referendum now we know the deal?  

190 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we have a 2nd referendum now we know the deal?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wont be voting anyway Im sick of it all

16 hours ago, BrexitGuy said:

I don't hide in a closet behind proofs and links to crap regarding this subject as it's a valid point of view that remainers choose to disembowel for whatever blinkered reason or link they like to squeal.

You don't hide behind any "proofs" because ones that support your view don't exist :?

Immigration is squeezing this country to breaking point and the only way to eradicate this is to get out of the very constitutional dictatorship that is causing it.

Now that really is "Project Hysteria"! :hihi:

By far the *vast* majority of migration to the UK does not come from the EU.

You carry on throwing your cheap jibes but it's very obvious you haven't got a clue behind the reasoning of leaving the EU.

I still haven't heard any reason for leaving the EU that actually stands up to even the most basic scrutiny.... your notions don't either since they're not actually true.

16 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I will have a pint of what you are drinking, it must be 100% proof if you believe what you have posted.

LOL, of course, since every claim I've made is verifiably true..... I'm not sure you can handle it ;)

1 hour ago, Magilla said:

You don't hide behind any "proofs" because ones that support your view don't exist :?

Now that really is "Project Hysteria"! :hihi:

By far the *vast* majority of migration to the UK does not come from the EU.

I still haven't heard any reason for leaving the EU that actually stands up to even the most basic scrutiny.... your notions don't either since they're not actually true.

LOL, of course, since every claim I've made is verifiably true..... I'm not sure you can handle it ;)

Surprisingly, the majority of our visitors come through the East side of the country, usually in a dinghy or in the back of a truck. You've seen the chaos at Calais, which the camps were set up as holding areas. These people managed to get across several EU countries with the target being the UK. 

I don't see how leaving the EU will make any difference to refugees and illegal economic migrants, none of whom were coming from the EU in the first place.

4 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Parliament constantly dances to the tune of the people and the media.  Fundamentally they want to be reelected (that's the biggest problem with any democracy IMO).  So they take a short term, populist view of the majority of issues and do whatever they think will win them the most approval in the short term.

Aren't you confusing parliament, the legislative body, with the MP's that sit in it? The MP's that vote either do so by the whip (basically forced under penalty) or chose to ignore it, have a free vote, or they are maybe independents who vote how they please. As you say its MP's that want to be reelected so may vote with a populist view and in their own interests just to get reelected.

Edited by apelike
missed a bit out

15 minutes ago, apelike said:

As you say its MP's that want to be reelected so may vote with a populist view and in their own interests just to get reelected.

Stephen Lloyd, a Liberal Democrat MP has resigned the Lib Dem whip so that he can support the government in any vote on May's deal.

This is not because he supports Brexit but because his constituency voted leave in the 2016 referendum.

53 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Stephen Lloyd, a Liberal Democrat MP has resigned the Lib Dem whip so that he can support the government in any vote on May's deal.

This is not because he supports Brexit but because his constituency voted leave in the 2016 referendum.

His constituents or just people in his borough? Either way, what a total pillock. His job is to work and support his constituents, not jump ship when he doesn't like their views.

3 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

His constituents or just people in his borough? Either way, what a total pillock. His job is to work and support his constituents, not jump ship when he doesn't like their views.

He's resigned the whip, not just resigned.  So that he can vote in the way his constituents wanted.

Are you sure you understand how our democracy works?

3 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

errrr he has done this to support the majority of his constituents views............

2 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

He's resigned the whip, not just resigned.  So that he can vote in the way his constituents wanted.

Are you sure you understand how our democracy works?

Yes, small find on phone and missed the whip word. However I'm not sure you should be asking me if I know how democracy works. Maybe you could ask some of the remainers if they know, seeing as they are convinced there will be a second vote, which there won't be. 

8 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

errrr he has done this to support the majority of his constituents views............

The more cynical amongst us would say that he has done it to save his seat come another election.

If he stood as a Lib Dem candidate in 2017 then he would have been standing on a remain ticket as that was Lib Dem policy, and therefore elected on a remain ticket. This is yet another case of leave supporters  assuming everyone in a constituency voting leave did so in the same proportion on a party basis as they did on a constituency basis. They are also making the assumption that Brexit is top of the list of every constituent's list of priorities.

It's time the people were given an chance of another vote some people could lose their jobs though this mess. 

The 2016 referendum was flawed in so many ways leave campaign based their ' facts ' on lies remain were too relaxed about the whole affair. Two years of negotiating has resulted in an hopless deadlock no side willing to back down. The final say must be by the people has so many could be affected by this notable the car industry these people need access to the Single Market and the Custom Union to function without this the production will go over seas these people who work in these factories now will be facing unemployment they could loses their homes and families could spilt up over the strain of loseing that wage. The extreme Brexiteers need to look long and hard on the economic impact of this it's no good moaning about unemployment and the Welfare bill going up when your vote has placed these families in that position. We got enough problems in this country without adding more for no reason. We need politicans to stand aside allow for an fact based debate so that an informed decision can be made. I sure no one on the either side of the debate wants too see more social problems  and yet more young families on the streets.  It's time for the people to cast that vote it's either May' s deal or no Brexit. 

Edited by AntiBrexit

42 minutes ago, BrexitGuy said:

Yes, small find on phone and missed the whip word. However I'm not sure you should be asking me if I know how democracy works. Maybe you could ask some of the remainers if they know, seeing as they are convinced there will be a second vote, which there won't be. 

Democracy includes the opportunity to change one's mind doesn't it?